Look how they massacred my boy...Now what to do about it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seriously?! F that man, learn to do this yourself. That's beyond ridiculous. $212 for calipers? Even with a 30% markup that's just insane. I could keep going but you got taken for a ride, I just can't fathom how you'd be OK with paying that much money for so little work.

I guarantee they slapped these in.

Live in New York, pay new york prices . I'm not really happy about it, but it is what it is. I can't do anything about it.

The truck definitely drives MUCH better. The camber looks to be gone, but its dark so I could REALLY look at it like a detective. Also the wheel that was effected (fr Dr) I can still push and pull it back and forth, though significantly less so.
The brakes DO feel better, but still not as good as I'd hoped. MC or booster maybe? The steering is still a little sloppy, I'd like to tighten that up. And they recommended doing leafs in the rear, and I see what they meant. It's a bit sloppy in the rear. Also when coming to a stop or a cel from a stop 7/10 times there's a pop or a clicking sound. I don't know what that could be.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One more question if I may-I have this kind of system in place-which is the bolt nut and those 2 washers. Can caster be adjusted on these or do I need a moog set to make it adjustable? I have knock outs done so camber can be adjusted but not sure about caster.

Attachments

• Capture+_2022-02-11-01-55-14.png
    Capture+_2022-02-11-01-55-14.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
ITS DONE. GOING TO PICK IT UP NOW. 900 bucks+tip even g.
OUCH man! I really hope your alignment is set now for $250! I've never paid more than 75 for an alignment up here. It should be a flat rate fee, not an hourly rate.

Like everyone else has already told you, start putting money into tools and learn how to do stuff on your own. $900-100(Brake parts)-75(alignment)-25(beer)= 700 can buy an awful lot of equipment!

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I literally just spent like $600 bucks on tools so i can start to teach myself/bother all of this forum for help lol. Like i said earlier, I really just wanted the truck to be drivable and to have a good place to start learning, seeing as to how i'm now all in for $7500/8k...and i dont think i'll get that if i just put it for sale...it's now REALLY mine lol.
I know that the alignment shop charges the shop i work at $80-100 for an alignment, more so for lifted/ lowered vehicles. So i figured that them having to mess with everything and do the knockouts on a lifted truck, +a "This is really effed" fee, it was a little more expensive than i thought but it is what it is.

Maybe ill make my own "help Anthony not be a GMT Dolt" thread. Because I kind of highjacked @RevRun 's thread (i appologize)

I just ordered a master cylinder and rag joint, so those will be my first real attempt. Hopefully those get my steering and my brakes where i want them to be. Then in a month or 2 I'll order the leaf parts and try to attack those.

I dont really know where to start with the driver side wheel push and pull issue. And the shop prior to this one said something about my body mounts just not being there, so i'll look into that after the mc and rag joint.

IDK if i said before, but i really appreciate ALL of your help and inputs.

I'll post pics of the truck later in the day
OUCH man! I really hope your alignment is set now for $250! I've never paid more than 75 for an alignment up here. It should be a flat rate fee, not an hourly rate.

Like everyone else has already told you, start putting money into tools and learn how to do stuff on your own. $900-100(Brake parts)-75(alignment)-25(beer)= 700 can buy an awful lot of equipment!

Last edited: