Look how they massacred my boy...Now what to do about it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RevRun

Reaction score
4+1 for me plus a 2 inch block. Cleaned everything thing up and used new bushings on the rear when I did my lift. They were pretty well shot and I can see that allowing the leaf packs to move forward and aft a bit which can allow the axle to shift changing the thrust angle as I understand. This was a comment on an alignment sheet back a couple years.

If they can identify that there is play I don't think it would be too tough for them figure out where it's coming from. Bushings or loose u bolts should be pretty evident.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most half ton trucks have a 4 over 1, 3/4 is 5 over 1 usually.
Also, most lifts came with a minimal lift block, and an add-a-leaf.

It's more likely the installer didnt ram the u-bolts balls tight.
The lift in my truck didn't have an add a leaf, I still havnt gotten the truck back (tomorrow I believe) but I'll check the number of leafs.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4+1 for me plus a 2 inch block. Cleaned everything thing up and used new bushings on the rear when I did my lift. They were pretty well shot and I can see that allowing the leaf packs to move forward and aft a bit which can allow the axle to shift changing the thrust angle as I understand. This was a comment on an alignment sheet back a couple years.

If they can identify that there is play I don't think it would be too tough for them figure out where it's coming from. Bushings or loose u bolts should be pretty evident.
So you got an extra leaf with your kit?

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi it may be a silly question but what are the factory settings for tahoe/suburban on standard 4x4 suspension-96-98. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

xAFNYx I'm still curious as to why you have that transfer case skid plate dropped. Do you have your truck back yet to take pics of that?​

No, hopefully i get it back today. And I thought we solved that, The lift we have requires you drop the diff.
You must be registered for see images attach
this is a pic from google.