How to - Install -AN oil cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Invicta60

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for an idea for a fitting. I used a vibrant 11-2018 adapter and then had my friend at a machine shop make a insert to look like the factory hose end. He machined the fitting to accept the other side to with a o ring too.

You must be registered for see images attach

mharristech

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for an idea for a fitting. I used a vibrant 11-2018 adapter and then had my friend at a machine shop make a insert to look like the factory hose end. He machined the fitting to accept the other side to with a o ring too.

Is your friend able to make 2 more adapters? I did this swap with AN lines and fittings but cant get the fittings at the radiator side to stop leaking. I think this will fix my problem. I went with -10 an fittings and cant find -10 to 20mx1.5 fittings with an oring on the end.

GMTJunky

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the orientation of the oil cooler lines on a 1997 K1500 5.7. I didnt check the orientation of the oil cooler lines before removing them. Does the top connection on the radiator run to the top connection on the oil filter adapter and the bottom connection on the radiator run to the bottom connection on the oil filter adapter?
I've found a few different answers online.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect that's in the service manual; but I don't have time to look right now. There's .pdf copies of the service manuals available on this site--look in the "Sticky" section.

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the orientation of the oil cooler lines on a 1997 K1500 5.7L
Not really sure what you mean. Assuming you're converting to AN lines you'll need 2 straight fittings at the oil filter adapter, and for the radiator you'll probably want a 90° fitting for the top and a 90° or 45° for the bottom.

Tbh you could probably get away with straight, 45° or 90° fittings top and bottom for the radiator. There's lots of room around there so it'll be pretty forgiving. My recommendations above are just what I think would look most like stock line routing

GMTJunky

Reaction score
I expect that's in the service manual; but I don't have time to look right now. There's .pdf copies of the service manuals available on this site--look in the "Sticky" section.
I cant seem to find a "Sticky" Section"? I spent about 30 minutes thumbing through the Chilton manual lastnight and couldnt find a diagram or mention of how they connect. Only vague directions on replacing them. Should have checked before I took them off!

GMTJunky

Reaction score
Not really sure what you mean. Assuming you're converting to AN lines you'll need 2 straight fittings at the oil filter adapter, and for the radiator you'll probably want a 90° fitting for the top and a 90° or 45° for the bottom.

Tbh you could probably get away with straight, 45° or 90° fittings top and bottom for the radiator. There's lots of room around there so it'll be pretty forgiving. My recommendations above are just what I think would look most like stock line routing
Im kind of off subject here but this is the only forum I found talking about oil cooler lines. I am just replacing mine becasue they are leaking and need to know how the lines connect from oil filter adapter to radiator. I didnt look before removing them. I assume if I connect them wrong it could damage the pump.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
If you didn't throw them away, just set one of them back in place. I should be pretty obvious which one went where. It might fit in both positions, but it should fit better in one of them, and I assume you'll have some visual memory of how it was.

GMTJunky

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I found a video on youtube and it shows the longer hose goes to the top of the filter housing and the short hose to the bottom.