How to - Install -AN oil cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loctite/Permatex share some product line. Loctite owned Permatex for awhile, but they're separate companies now...sorta.

I don't know of any difference between Loctite 592 and Permatex 592.

www.henkel-adhesives.com/us/en/product/pressure-sensitive-adhesives/loctite_592.htm
Specifically says "Anaerobic cure".
www.permatex.com/?s=592&post_type=product&dgwt_wcas=1

Says "LOCKS and seals threads". (My emphasis) Doesn't specifically say anaerobic, but that's why you have 4 hours to reposition the fitting--the anaerobic hasn't set in 4 hours.

Prius454

Reaction score
so im trying to find the correct 20x1.5 to -8an and i cant find it or should i just use a 1/2" compression to -8 AN off the hard line. some places like jegs put a 55psi limit on that fitting

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are trying to do, oil cooler at radiator or filter adapter cooler line fittings? What is your objective, this post from beginning to here has good info. Just don't, don't put any sealant or paste or anything on the AN straight thread male to female B nut. Clean dry straight threads. Threads don't seal, the 37° cone to flair is sealing surface.