How to - Install -AN oil cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed -6 AN braided stainless oil cooler lines in my truck today, got sick of the factory oil leakers. I put new gaskets in the oil filter adapter while I was in there, it was leaking pretty bad too. Here's what you'll need to put AN lines in your truck, I got everything from ANPlumbing (no affiliation).

-6 male to 20mm x 1.5 adapters for the radiator fittings. These are pretty tough to find, ANPlumbing is the only place I saw them.
-6 45 degree male swivel.
-6 90 degree male swivel. These make it easy to route the hose.
-6 to 3/8 NPT adapters for the oil filter adapter.
-6 pre-made hose in 38" and 48" lengths.

That's it, about $120 of parts. I used teflon paste on the threads, gotta be careful to keep it away from the ends so it doesn't get in the oil.

Here's a shot of where the new lines go into the adapter (this is where you'll need the -6 to 3/8 NPT parts).

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is how the hoses are routed, just like factory. The little clamp that the factory lines use works great, doesn't pinch the AN hose at all.

The radiator end of things. This is where the -6 male to 20mm adapters and the swivels come in handy.

Hope this helps some of you out, it's handy to keep the factory cooler in cold climates like ND. Going just external would make the oil into jelly here. :D

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at this same thing a few months ago when my oil cooler lines blew but ended up going with the straight down adapter to eliminate the lines entirely. I will definitely be going this route when I put the cooler back into the system. Thanks for the info!

Mercy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do something like this and now I see how it's done. Thanks for taking the time to post this Great job!

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice I'll have to take this parts list down to the hydraulic shop see if they can get the fittings fit me

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a clean looking set of hoses and install. Really like it