oil cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wezmykat

Reaction score
option #1 : return the radiator, guy sold you something that isn't right

redneck option #2 : use a small pipe cutter to cut any metal lines, very sharp knife for rubber hoses, get some correct diameter fuel line, zip ties, metal clamps, hose fittings and jerry-rig the whole thing back together

i've done it on fuel lines, transmission lines, oil lines, works fine, to be on the safe side put the rubber hose about 2 inches over the metal ones and use 2 clamps

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get some correct diameter fuel line
Fuel hose may not have the pressure or temperature rating needed.

PS return hose/auto trans cooler hose MIGHT be suitable. MAYBE.

be on the safe side put the rubber hose about 2 inches over the metal ones and use 2 clamps
If the metal tubes aren't beaded just below the cut, he's asking for trouble. Putting a bead on the tube ends takes a lot of worry out of this process. Easy to do with a flaring tool and some care--if you can find a flaring tool that goes to 1/2".

Or go to any place that makes hydraulic hoses, have them fit hydraulic hose to the cut sections of OEM hose/tube, with crimp-on ends. The hose would be good, the crimped ends can't come loose.

Realistically, that radiator is incorrect and should be returned.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked your truck up on RockAuto, turns out it uses same radiator I’ve got which is a Spectra CU624. $180.00 on Amazon.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that radiator for oil and trans line openings are 11.5 on center
I need 8.5 on center
Sounds to me like someone messed with your transmission lines to fit the last radiator you had in there then.

Evil Iron

Reaction score
that could very well be
when at shows or I see a 454ss somewhere from now on going to try and get a chance to see what they have for a radiator and if they have had to replace

Evil Iron

Reaction score
the 3 that I have ordered with 8.5 on center openings that these companies say are a direct fit for the truck the trans lines line up its the oil cooler lines that dont

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, just saw this on RockAuto, in the same list with the Spectra. But this TYC, again with 624 has 8.5“ transmission lines on center. Looks to be the one you want.
You must be registered for see images attach