Oil cooler line replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlumbley21

Reaction score
What size is the fitting on the oil filter adapter that connects the oil cooler lines pop into they have c clips on them

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
That's called a "jiffy tite". However, I think the company changed hands and maybe they're not making them anymore? Other companies would have them, Though. I just look up the connector by year/make/model.

Tlumbley21

Reaction score
I seen them on rock auto can’t find the correct size wrench to get it off maxed out at 22 mm and it’s in a pretty rough spot to get to with an adjustable

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For me, it was easier to remove the whole adapter and then disconnect or cut the hoses. Replace the adapter gasket (and o-ring if I’m remembering right) if you go that route.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I seen them on rock auto can’t find the correct size wrench to get it off maxed out at 22 mm and it’s in a pretty rough spot to get to with an adjustable

Oh that's what you mean. I can look to see if I still have one. I removed all that stuff years ago. I think I still have the lines sitting in an oil drain pan.

Do you have the clips out already?

Tlumbley21

Reaction score
I’m trying to pull the whole line assembly working around the drive shaft is a pain in the ass the clips have the open end facing the ground and the horse shoe part at the top of the truck

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I’m trying to pull the whole line assembly working around the drive shaft is a pain in the ass the clips have the open end facing the ground and the horse shoe part at the top of the truck

You need a pick, or maybe a small flat blade screw driver to pull the clips, then the hose will come right out. Then you can get a socket on connector.

I checked the drain pan with all my old dirty hoses, and I didn't have the connectors in there.