Freshing up a 2000 k2500 7.4l thats been sitting 2 years, water pump questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edward Case

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait. You parted out a truck that had 70k on it?.........

Tell me it ain't so.
the truck had shot floors rockers and corners, cab dropped onto the tank and cut a gash in the tank (one of the reasons it ended up at a gov auction) so i never could put more than half a tank in before losing gas. all the cooler lines and fuel lines were looking ready to blow at anytime and the pulling power was just not doing it for me. so i sold off what i did not need and took the good cash i got for parts to get a real pulling truck built.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
probably, but my thought is another electronic thing to break when i need 4wd, i have the old tcase from the 99 with 70k miles so its 100k less than this elctronic time bomb. will have to cut a hole in the floor and mount the shifter if i decide to convert it unless there are different solutions to the risks of electronic controlled tcase.

I dunno, I like my electronic t-case. Not much to it. An actuator and an encoder. I forget if that's all 1 piece.

Edward Case

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno, I like my electronic t-case. Not much to it. An actuator and an encoder. I forget if that's all 1 piece.
i will have to research it, if it could reain problem free i will retain it, i just like to avoid things that can go bad electronically when i can have a mechanical system i can look at and analyze.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
i will have to research it, if it could reain problem free i will retain it, i just like to avoid things that can go bad electronically when i can have a mechanical system i can look at and analyze.

I hear ya there, but this just hasn't been very problematic. Last winter for the first time it did act up, the transfer case control module went comm silent. I pulled the fuse for a few minutes, put it back in, and all has been well since. The nerd in me wants to stick an NP246 in there. I get to keep my push button stuff, but have an actual neutral. There's 1 vote for the 241 vs 243, it has a neutral.

JayMB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The electronic transfer cases have caused me a bunch of problems. Much prefer the manual shift NP241. Although even on trucks equipped with that, there is an electronic actuator on the front axle that engages the passenger side axleshaft, analogous to locking in the hubs on my squarebody. There is an aftermarket place that makes a purely mechanical version, but I don't have any experience with it to offer.