Freshing up a 2000 k2500 7.4l thats been sitting 2 years, water pump questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edward Case

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Subbed, can’t wait to see this come together!
Sunday theim dropping the tank to fix fuel line, clean tank, replace sender and change fuel filter. Hoping to fire her up after hand turning the motor a few revolutions. The guy who sold me the truck changed the coolant, oil and stabilized the gas, so I'm hoping for an easy fire up.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these sardine can size square dual mufflers exiting under the truck going to be loud? Anybody familiar with this style muffler? Maybe a crossover pipe just before the mufflers might free up some power and doing some rear or side exit tailpipes might help.
View media item 32081View media item 32083It's loud. I just ordered more tubing from Summit to dump it behind the rear axle.

Edward Case

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the previous owner used the **** out of 2HI
probably, but my thought is another electronic thing to break when i need 4wd, i have the old tcase from the 99 with 70k miles so its 100k less than this elctronic time bomb. will have to cut a hole in the floor and mount the shifter if i decide to convert it unless there are different solutions to the risks of electronic controlled tcase.