Do y’all name your rides? Post em up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

'Cause the ol' gal used to fetch the bad guys.
Haven't named the truck yet. If it ever gets painted Dark Autumnwood Metallic, then the Vic would be "Po-Po" &the truck would be "Poo-Poo" I guess.
So the later model Vics said "pursuit vehicle " on the emblem? I have one of the emblems off an older crown Victoria police car that was in our local pick a part many years ago. It said "police Interceptor ".

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
So the later model Vics said "pursuit vehicle " on the emblem? I have one of the emblems off an older crown Victoria police car that was in our local pick a part many years ago. It said "police Interceptor ".

No, that is the magic of the internet. Found a guy that made these in the same way the original emblems are. Thought it was kinda neat and might set mine apart from the rest.
Even has one on the steering wheel where the Ford emblem goes.
There's no Pursuit Vehicle option on Crown Vics.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
No, that is the magic of the internet. Found a guy that made these in the same way the original emblems are. Thought it was kinda neat and might set mine apart from the rest.
Even has one on the steering wheel where the Ford emblem goes.
There's no Pursuit Vehicle option on Crown Vics.
Well you sure had me wondering. Guess it did its job then! Many of the local agencies in this part of Texas used Crown Vics, and one time Dad and I were at one of the pick a part yards (there's 3 in Houston)and there must've been 20 or 25 of the big Fords there. Most were police or sheriff's cars, but a few were cabs. Only 2 of the police ones still had the emblem. I got both, but not sure if I still have them. Our house got burglarized a few years ago, when I was working night shift. Haven't fully gone through everything in the room where most of my automotive collections were, to know what I still have.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Only 2 of the police ones still had the emblem. I got both, but not sure if I still have them.

Yeah, you can still get those new from Furd, but Amazon and fleabay have them as well. I've seen several police officers smile and take pictures of my car, and have heard people discussing that "that's the BADASS version there! You don't want to mess with that one!" on sidewalks I would be parked by. Makes me giggle. Then when I walk up, I'm either "undercover" or I'm a nobody and they took the Interceptor out before I bought it. These all came with true dual exhaust (stainless steel, in fact) and 4 catalytic converters. I've had the rear cats deleted and Magnaflow mufflers replace the stock ones. So when I start it up, they question/confirm their stories, lol. I love it.

Last edited:

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember growing up all of our trucks had names usually given by my brothers and I. So now I let the little ones name my rides and lets them feel a sense of ownership in them.

Big Booty Judy

Roosevelt

Ole Red