Quick Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiseLifeB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at my front end. Planned on replacing the bushing and end links but was wanting to re use sway bar itself .
It looks ok to me, also noticed some small bends in it wondered if that was stock.

Also wanted to re used rusted torsion keys is that common? Was pricing some out and was surprised by the cost. (planned to wire wheel/sand & repaint)

Attachments

• IMG_5741.jpeg
    IMG_5741.jpeg
    490.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5742.jpeg
    IMG_5742.jpeg
    538.8 KB · Views: 7

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What small bends? Are referring to the normal bends, symmetrical to the design for 4x4 pickup? What makes you think it isn't normal?
The keys, which is common , the corrosion or continued use?

CruiseLifeB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sway bar looks fine. Clean it up and run it. The keys look fine. Do you have access to someone with a blast cabinet? I’d sand blast those keys and paint them. If not, wire wheel, scotch bright, and repaint.

Good luck!:cool:
i dont know anyone personally with a blast cabinet. i wish i did

CruiseLifeB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What small bends? Are referring to the normal bends, symmetrical to the design for 4x4 pickup? What makes you think it isn't normal?
Ie keys, which is common , the corrosion or continued use?
I didn't say I thought it wasn't normal I was asking if the correct design included the bends.

the previous owner was pretty rough on it to say the least. theres oil and mud caked on everything listerally scrapping with a scrapper as i go and will spray it with some cleaner and pressure wash before i reinstall everything. there is a lift kit on it, no steering adjustments, which is what i assume, lead to the gearbox issue he said he had. nails in the cotter pin holes, there is a bolt missing from the water pump as well as other places. the driver side shock is bolted with what looks like an aftermarket bolt with about 10 washers maybe more, literally.
so everything I pull off and want to re use, i've just been dropping in the forum to make sure its actually supposed to look like that and thoughts and opinions, just to be safe.