Sway bar link angle and popping noises..etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I may try to swap that new proforged pitman arm they sent me as a replacement when I did all of this work after that first one was not fitting..This was almost 2 years ago... I ended up putting a Moog on because I couldn't wait... It did go on pretty easy...No coating inside..... Something tells me this other proforged will be the same. Any thoughts on that? I don't know why they decided to coat the splines too but, I think it was more than that. Maybe that'll be a good thing?Nice and tight? But I really felt like it was going to stop and bind up if I had kept going.

That was post #31 on page 4 where I mentioned and added pics of that issue...

Also, really not feeling too good about these tires.. I really feel like I have excessive cupping and other weird things from the suspension issues and alignment going on. It's hard to get good pics but I can surely feel stuff. idk.. I'm sure it's not helping things... they're almost 3/4 through their life anyway I'd guess....

Attachments

• IMG20240514032540b.jpg
    IMG20240514032540b.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20240514032619b.jpg
    IMG20240514032619b.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 6

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pitman arm and steering box visual inspection...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

here's before I removed pitman arm... Kinda think the play is the shaft itself tbh..but idk... Wonder if that uneven seal or metal plate at bottom of shaft is a clue... Movement feels very slight but the video shows different ... the entire box is moving slightly if you look down to the left...so hard to decipher...I'll try to investigate more....

here's a test of the shaft. I can see slight movement... guessing this is amplified when installed..? Just slid pitman arm on to get some leverage....

Can't even get the Proforged arm to start.... Same issue as the first time...frustrating....of course Holley just boots you off phone when trying to call. Guess I'll have to email...

Last edited: