Sway bar bushings. Why eleventy-nine sizes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yeobee

Reaction score
My 93 Yukon needs end links. Would be more than mildly dumb no to change the sway bar bushings. Parts check reveals numerous bar sizes. Why? For such a basic suspension component this seems very strange.

Bone stock 4x and it appears they've never been touched. Are they stamped somewhere? Maybe a part number or code in the dash? My old english caliper reads 1.15 to 1.2" Now it's clear as mud. Some parts are listed metric, some fractioned inch. I'm stumped to the point of being a little disappointed with GM about this.

Any help appreciated. TIA.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
End links are the outside 4 piece mini doughnuts. Or some rear links are dog bone shaped. Inner ones are bushings.
Why different sizes? Who knows, just measure them.
Most the parts stores have new poly in skin paks on display.

yeobee

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I'm going with the Energy Suspension 3.5181G. I'll report back if there is any goofiness.

yeobee

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I'm going with the Energy Suspension 3.5181G. I'll report back if there is any goofiness.
These parts were correct for this truck. Not a bad job to complete. I did put the links in upside down and cut the bolt flush to the nut. I think that saved alot of frustration and should be irrelevant to its function. It looks like the bushings will be real difficult to grease, so I slopped them up good before installing. Thanks for the help everybody.