Torsion Bar Play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho_z71

Reaction score
I am in the process of rebuilding my entire front end and I've can into what seems like a problem. I have a 98 K1500 that came factory with the stamped/welded LCA. I put the forged ones on from a k3500 and when I slip the torsion bars into the keyed slot on the control arm there is a little bit of play. I don't have the original control arms to compare since I had to cut them into pieces just to get them off the truck. This is the first time I've messed with torsion bars so I'm unsure if the little bit of movement is normal or not. Could the K3500 have slightly bigger torsion bars?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
They are all the same size on the ends, once they are adjusted and have a load on them there won't be any problems.

Idaho_z71

Reaction score
They are all the same size on the ends, once they are adjusted and have a load on them there won't be any problems.
Sounds good. Ill get it put back together this week and report back. Probably with a picture to help anybody else out.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Sounds good. Ill get it put back together this week and report back. Probably with a picture to help anybody else out.
Put a little extra grease or never sieze in control arm hex to make disassembly easier in the future. Also never seize the T bar adjuster threads.