Hello......where do I start. Hello my name is...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragon30073

Reaction score
@Road Trip just wow. I enjoyed reading that very much. I will get around to watching that video. Hehe yes good Ole FOD, I definitely understand that. Thank you for clarifying the numbering order. My common sense told me how you numbered it but there was conflicting info. Honestly I should have just looked at my Haynes. I think it says it in there. My brain was just melting at the time. I've finally taken some R&R and will be thinking about this again this week.
The side to side explanation actually makes sense. Though I do feel it was the piston itself more so than the wrist pin. Well now that the old block will sit and have time to be worked on, we will eventually find out ^_^.
I feel taking the pressure of trying to rebuild the motor in question has taken a substantial amount of stress off of my shoulders. I was really leaning towards the crate idea for simplicity sake. However I am liking this motorhome engine idea.
For this idea, is there specific year blocks I need to stick with? According to good Ole wiki, it's an L19 with years 1991 to 1995. Once I know this, any recommendations of websites or how to shop for one? I live in Mesa AZ just outside of Phoenix.

Thank you all ^_^

Xombi

Reaction score
Always go with a Factory Service manual. The small amount extra will pay serious dividends. Different factory service manuals are organized differently, and it will take a bit to get into the rhythm of it, but once you are there you can dance. Some steps are easier to learn.
Coffee and doughnuts, with a positive attitude, brought to a knowledgeable dealer parts man's counter, will often get the correct information on engine interchangeability. You want to be dead on certain before you part with those pesos.

dragon30073

Reaction score
Well, it's been a few months and I'm cracking at it again. I'm still trying to acquire what I need to pull the motor. So in the meantime I pulled my dash completely out to access the HVAC box. When I would turn AC on it just wouldn't blow hard even though the blower seemed to be blowing hard. And some of my flaps were broke. Anyway, my dash obviously fell apart in many pieces and I'm mow realizing the cost for a new one so it might be a few months again. BTW I found LMC Truck sells a new dash but it says up to 94, not sure if it will fit mine.
Web site for reference. ^_^
I'll eventually get it done.

Attachments

• 20240309_113416.jpg
    20240309_113416.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 5
  • bdedbaa4-cc32-4a71-981b-689256b57e41.jpg
    bdedbaa4-cc32-4a71-981b-689256b57e41.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 5

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well, it's been a few months and I'm cracking at it again. I'm still trying to acquire what I need to pull the motor. So in the meantime I pulled my dash completely out to access the HVAC box. When I would turn AC on it just wouldn't blow hard even though the blower seemed to be blowing hard. And some of my flaps were broke. Anyway, my dash obviously fell apart in many pieces and I'm mow realizing the cost for a new one so it might be a few months again. BTW I found LMC Truck sells a new dash but it says up to 94, not sure if it will fit mine.
Web site for reference. ^_^
I'll eventually get it done.
Yup that LMC dash is for the early style 94 and earlier. And it's a rather involved job to convert late to early or vice versa....