Do not use clay bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeacefulStorm

Reaction score
I know personally 3 ppl and have seen the trucks that MACO painted. The tape job was bad as described here but worse than that the door handles werent even taped up and just sprayed over. looked awful. Plus, one of the trucks was painted the wrong color. I mean the color was brown but the wrong brown.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You seem pretty handy,ever thought of trying to repaint it yourself?
Now days they can match the color to allow for fade.
Shop has no electricity so no air compressor to run spray gun. And I know better than to shoot metallic colors on a large surface with spray cans.....

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know personally 3 ppl and have seen the trucks that MACO painted. The tape job was bad as described here but worse than that the door handles werent even taped up and just sprayed over. looked awful. Plus, one of the trucks was painted the wrong color. I mean the color was brown but the wrong brown.
It depends on what Maaco, they are independently owned, and the work can vary widely, and if you go in there looking for the cheapest paint job that's what you're going to get. You're not going to get base/clear and attention to detail for $399 pr whatever they get for the basic paint job these days. You want the handles out and the trim off, pay for it to be done. The one I worked at turned out some rather nice resto jobs alongside the daily slam dunk'em production work.