Cold Air Intake on TBI 350.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trlrider

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a separate restrictor piece built into the plastic tube that connects to the TBI air cleaner. I used a hacksaw blade to cut mine and pull it out. Boom. Free-flowing cold air intake.
Yup, did the same thing with mine, and made sure the duct was still pulling air from the fender and not the engine bay. In the process of building a custom hood with a sealed duct mated to a cowl induction type scoop.

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, there's a venturi-shaped piece of plastic inside the plastic ducting from the core support to the air filter. It necks the airflow down pretty bad.
Yup, did the same thing with mine, and made sure the duct was still pulling air from the fender and not the engine bay. In the process of building a custom hood with a sealed duct mated to a cowl induction type scoop.
So the duct is in the front of the truck? Or is it in the engine bay?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s the silencer box. Take it off, remove the baffle and replace it.
Off topic, sorry in advance to OP. Your picture just reminded me, I know you have a parts manual and maybe you know where I can get a replacement nut (red arrow) on the terminal block cover? 1 of mine disappeared one day.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those of you talking about modifying the factory intake tube, there's a much easier option. Go find one from a V6 truck. They're the exact same part except without the restriction that the 350 tube has. Go figure.

The only aftermarket intake for these trucks worth spending money on is a Volant IMO. Everything else is a downgrade from the factory setup.