Air intake through passenger fender?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RhettR7707

Reaction score
Hole in outer fender panel. That's air moving past the fender. That would cause a low pressure area , and would pull air out of the hole, to follow high speed laminar flow.
Using a NACA duct would overcome this. Just search " NACA duct".
You must be registered for see images attach
That is another interesting idea, though my apologies, I meant to say the inner fender, not actually through the body of the truck. There, I don't believe the wind would affect it much, seeing as the front of the truck would be covering it.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Inner fender as in the wheel well area above the tire. A lot of road heat. Dirty air, debris, water, uh no thanks. Air drawn in at higher levels will be cooler. The difference between 24 inches above ground to 48 inches or more can be great temperature difference.

RhettR7707

Reaction score
Inner fender as in the wheel well area above the tire. A lot of road heat. Dirty air, debris, water, uh no thanks. Air drawn in at higher levels will be cooler. The difference between 24 inches above ground to 48 inches or more can be great temperature difference.
That's correct. Thank you, that does make sense. That's good to know. I'm fairly new to actual custom work, so that's why I'm here.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hope that helps, and your welcome. There are many smart people here. Normal Joe's that like our trucks. :waytogo:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The intake for that duct in the right fender is behind the headlight so it gets some forced air. The faster you go the more forced induction you get. Remove the diverter valve in the air breather snorkel and plug the hole where the heat riser tube comes up from the exhaust manifold. If you still have the resonator you can gut the restrictive venturi out of it to increase flow. That's what I did on mine.