Unknown rubber drain tube on/through passenger floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arcee98

Reaction score
Hey all, I’ve been suffering from the usual foot well water leaks during rain. I plan to seal the cowl screws however when poking around in the passenger foot well I found a section of rubber tube poking out of the floor at the top of the carpet where it looks to pass through the floor. It seems like it would connect to the blower motor or air box but I see no nipple or hole. Any thoughts on where it goes?

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going with "not a factory part". Someone put that in for some unknown reason.
Pull back the carpet and see if the hole has a factory grommet, or if the hole was just hogged out.

Arcee98

Reaction score
No grommets, seems “hogged out” paint is chipped around the hole.

The blower motor is missing a chunk, was duct taped, I wonder if this hose was added as a drain to combat the leak, it has sticky residue around it.

All screws for the cowl were missing, thus my water leak from the one screw into the blower. I salvaged the only screw present from the side trim cowl piece to seal it for now.

A trip to the pick-n-pull seems in order for the rest of the screws and driver side cowl trim piece.

Thanks you guys, I’ll just pull that tube and seal off the hole.

nightowl3130

Reaction score
If you have AC, it could be evaporator box drain..It might have attached where missing piece is duct taped. My drain got clogged by dirt wasp and leaked all in pass side.