C1500 Suburban rear shock mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ObsMills

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I bought a used 93 C1500 Suburban and after getting the engine all back and running, im finally ready to tackle the suspension.

I was told when purchasing this truck that the driver side rear upper shock mount would need to be replaced.

I finally got around to looking under the truck and I saw that the mount is destroyed, obviously, I expected this, however, I can not for the life of me find another one to replace it online. Nor do I know how to remove it. It seems to be either bolted from the top with a round bolt head, or they are huge metal rivets.

I am new to the truck scene so I am not entirely sure what I'm looking at, does anyone have any good resource on how to remove this shock mount ? I can't find anything online and if I do, they are just bolting/welding a relocation kit on.

If anyone could help me with either sourcing the correct part, finding info on removing the mount, or even finding a bolt on relocation kit (I don't have a welder) that would be amazing.

Thanks everyone in advance !

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the actual mount is riveted to the frame... I had to scavenge shock mounts from a rust free frame, but you can bolt them in once you get the rivets out. air chisel is your friend.

i couldn't find new replacements either.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yikes well I agree with tpass, your gonna have to salvage that from a good frame. Otherwise if your good at fabricating then I guess you can weld it together and fab a new plate for the bolts to go through.