98 Yukon Pass Rear Shock Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yookon98

Reaction score
Find a Treasure Yard vehicle like yours, see how it's mounted on that one.

Are the bolt (rivet???) holes just a little off--as if the bracket needed to be bent/distorted a bit to line-up? Or are the holes so far off that there's no way it could be attached using the existing holes?
That’s my next thought, but I’m not sure when I’ll have time to swing by a junkyard.

The holes seem like they’re completely off from where the bracket should mount. Even at the spot that I have in the photo, I think the top of the shock would be way too low compared to what I believe it should be sitting at, if that makes any sense at all

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Per amazon: it is.

I’ve searched a bunch of other places and cannot seem to find an accurate answer to that.

Couple things I found today attached here: it looks like the right part per the images in the FSM

Amazon is notoriously inaccurate.
A while back my Yukon needed the rear hangers (at the shackles) replaced. Amazon says "part x" fits. "Part x" comes from a pickup. Turns out the 4 door SUV hangers aren't available but the pickup ones are. Except the pickup hangers are 2" longer than the SUV and the bolt pattern doesn't line up exactly square.

I looked at LMCtruck on your behalf. SUV shock hangers are not available but the pickup ones are.

I surmise you have pickup shock hangers. You can either make them work or hand fabricate a new set.

Last edited:

yookon98

Reaction score
Amazon is notoriously inaccurate.
A while back my Yukon needed the rear hangers (at the shackles) replaced. Amazon says "part x" fits. "Part x" comes from a pickup. Turns out the 4 door SUV hangers aren't available but the pickup ones are. Except the pickup hangers are 2" longer than the SUV and the bolt pattern doesn't line up exactly square.

I looked at LMCtruck on your behalf. SUV shock hangers are not available but the pickup ones are.

I surmise you have pickup shock hangers. You can either make them work or hand fabricate a new set.
Well that’s not the news I was hoping to hear, but good to know. Thank you!

NYDeer

Reaction score
Did you get this finished??
I'm here looking, as we are in the same boat. The rear shock mounting plates in my '97 K1500 need to be replaced. This YT Vid goes through the process. My mechanic said the quality of the parts varies, so choose wisely.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media