Front Passenger upper shock mount broken off frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papikev252

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I bought this K3500 and only thing that is wrong is that the passenger upper shock mount was broken. Everything else is solid. Whoever tried to fix it did a crappy weld job. How should I get this fixed? Atleast temporarily. I found a guy who can fab and weld new ones only but it won’t be for a while. Is there any kind of bolt on ones or anything you guys can think of
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man that weld is ugly... probably going to have to find a donor vehicle for a replacement mount, or fabricate something if you need to fix it. I'm not that familiar with K3500's if the shock mount is bolted or welded to the frame?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If that is at rest, shocks look near bottomed out. Shock length issue. Tire rubbing on shocks etc. More than meets the eye.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's scary is some of these lift kits use riv-nuts to support the UCA bracket, and it looks like it's separated/ air space from the frame. Probably not far from detached.

greenz97

Reaction score
if I was in your position I would remove everything that shock is connected to in the front end. No need to remove control arms but that huge hoop + weld job is gnarly. one you can see everything clearly I would go from there. This entire front end shock mounting looks like something out of a cartoon. In these cases it's usually best to just start from scratch instead of sketchily repairing an already sketch job.