98 Yukon Pass Rear Shock Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yookon98

Reaction score
Just picked this truck up and the previous owner gave me some new shock mounts.

He had taken out the pass rear upper mount already, so I don’t have any frame of reference to how the new one should be installed.

I put the truck on a lift and am not for the life of me able to get it aligned to where it looks like the shock should fit.

Some pictures attached of the area where I’m holding the mount up to, and the mount itself.

When I line it up to where the bottom of the frame rail matches up with two of the holes, the red circled area is about an inch off from the top of the rail.

Anyone have this year/model and able to send me a pic of what your mount looks like?

Attachments

• IMG_7600.jpeg
    IMG_7600.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7479.jpeg
    IMG_7479.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7478.jpeg
    IMG_7478.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7477.jpeg
    IMG_7477.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7476.jpeg
    IMG_7476.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 24

yookon98

Reaction score
Per amazon: it is.

I’ve searched a bunch of other places and cannot seem to find an accurate answer to that.

Couple things I found today attached here: it looks like the right part per the images in the FSM

Attachments

• IMG_7612.png
    IMG_7612.png
    618.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7609.png
    IMG_7609.png
    902 KB · Views: 8

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since your doing the work you might want to have the factory service manuals for your year. And as said above recheck if those are the correct parts. " Trust but verify ".

yookon98

Reaction score
Since your doing the work you might want to have the factory service manuals for your year. And as said above recheck if those are the correct parts. " Trust but verify ".
Yeah I searched up the FSMs in here and the image looks similar to my part/frame(the way the frame curves, etc)

I ordered the parts that Amazon say are a fit, and the part is exactly the same as the one I originally got from the previous owner.

Will try to get a pic of the part held up to the frame tomorrow and get it on here!

yookon98

Reaction score
The frame doesn't have witness marks from the original bracket and fasteners?
There’s this partial piece of a bracket that I’m thinking May need to be cut off and rivet drilled out. It didn’t seem like the part would fit even if that partial piece was off, so my friend and I didn’t bother- this was before I did all this research about the part number, so we thought maybe the part was wrong and we discontinued the project for that day.

More investigation tomorrow and I’ll probably try to get that piece off when I have the chance.

Edit: you can see that piece of the bracket here actually
You must be registered for see images attach

yookon98

Reaction score
Here at a friends with the Yukon on a lift with the part fitted. It’s less space up top than I remembered, could this be the right position?

yookon98

Reaction score
Holes don’t seem to line up.

First pic: a bolt is in the furthest hole on the bracket, but then the other holes don’t line up at all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7717.jpeg
    IMG_7717.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7718.jpeg
    IMG_7718.jpeg
    413.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7719.jpeg
    IMG_7719.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 4

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find a Treasure Yard vehicle like yours, see how it's mounted on that one.

Are the bolt (rivet???) holes just a little off--as if the bracket needed to be bent/distorted a bit to line-up? Or are the holes so far off that there's no way it could be attached using the existing holes?