14 bolt sway bar mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking for ideas for hardware for mounting the factory rear sway bar bushings to a 14 bolt axle. My google searching hasnt found anything greater the 3.25". Preferably something designed for this use, I know i can find the proper size u bolt clamp but base plate on those are very skinny

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used hellwig it comes with the mounting brackets and just used the stock mounting for the endlinks instead of the end link mounts it came with and bought brackets for the swaybar to mount.
hidden far in the search page here is the thread on front sway bar info and and rear with pics on a 14bff https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-98-4wd-front-sway-bar-upgrade.59152/#post-1258211
I also posted about the front hellwig bar being solid and a huge improvement over stock

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the bar you installed. With the end links mounted at that 30-40 degree angle, you loose the full benefit of the sway bar. Are you able to mount the bar any higher on top of axle? As you said you used the stock mount points for end links. With the bar mounted closer to the OE position your end links would move to a more vertical position, getting better bar resistance.

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the bar you installed. With the end links mounted at that 30-40 degree angle, you loose the full benefit of the sway bar. Are you able to mount the bar any higher on top of axle? As you said you used the stock mount points for end links. With the bar mounted closer to the OE position your end links would move to a more vertical position, getting better bar resistance.
yes i can mount it higher,but then the bar pushes downward,needed shorter or a set of adjustable endlink's to have both just right but haven't gotten around to it

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The a slight downward angle is better than having the links angled, the torque of the bar will continue to push the angle rather than transfer forces to frame. Do a search on Amazon for end links , you can get a bazillion hits all different lengths. Aftermarket fills tha gap for modified vehicles that need shorter or longer for mods.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i went to summit this weekend, decided just to get some summit brand 3.5" exhaust hangers. they are clearly marked 3.5" yet measured 4" ID. returned and got the 3" hoping for the same poor quality. 3" were measured at 3.25":suicide:
its unfortunate that none of the aftermarket sway bar companies sell just the mounting brackets.

this is the best fitting u-bolt I could find for a 3 3/8 inch axle, stupid minimum order of $100 though. its 3 7-16 wide, even has a little room for paint