Best radiator for the $$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Your TYC has 1.25 inch tubes and aluminum end tanks?

Aluminum end tanks? No, definitely not, but they don't impress me much either, especially not for the price of those cold case radiators.
Edit: I'll admit, I do like the fact that those Cold Case radiators use a stamped tank rather than the fabricated racey looking aluminum tank that you typically see.

I'm not sure what my TYC has..... the box says 2-row, but current specs from TYC say 2" single row, so it looks like the design has changed since I purchased mine. The original GM/Delphi was a 3-row.

Maybe "equivalent" wasn't the best choice of words..... I should have said my specific application. The original suggestion was that the Cold Case radiators "aren't badly priced", but for a guy looking to replace a shot factory radiator, they are quite a jump up in price over a decent OEM type (which many are themselves improved with wider tubes). Unless someone's got something wild for an engine, I don't see the point in spending the dollars for something like the Cold Case, just so the thermostat can spend more time closed if it does actually have significant improved cooling capacity.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious. Why dont you recommend the green coolant?
Rated service life = two years.

Long-life coolant rated service life = five years.

(actual service life of both = about double.)

Not buying into internet rumors of Deathcool ten or fifteen years after the problems with it have been solved.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rated service life = two years.

Long-life coolant rated service life = five years.

(actual service life of both = about double.)

Not buying into internet rumors of Deathcool ten or fifteen years after the problems with it have been solved.

I see. Either way I personally change the green fluid sooner