aluminum radiator where to get.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I need a radiator for my 98 k1500 and want to do an all-aluminum one. I put oil in air coolers for the trans and oil so I would like one that doesn't have those ports. can anyone point me in the right direction?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Bad move in my opinion, unless you have a specific need for the external coolers. With internal coolers the oil and atf get to operating temperature faster. Also all aluminum radiators tend to be boy racer parts if the price is not insane.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad move in my opinion, unless you have a specific need for the external coolers. With internal coolers the oil and atf get to operating temperature faster. Also all aluminum radiators tend to be boy racer parts if the price is not insane.
I looked around at all aluminum radiators and they all seemed to have bad reviews like “started leaking within a month or two. Ended up putting an oe style dual core. 2 years ago.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The thing your not considering is the factory radiator coolers are also maintaining those fluids at optimal operating temperature. Keeping a tighter operating temp window, no wide temperature swings. A good choice size wise is TYC 625. 34 inch, three row tubes. Never a problem 110° F plus for weeks my place.

HHoldred88

Reaction score
cgj.com in Gadsden AL. They build all kinds of RADIATORS and heat exchangers. Streetrods to big trucks or OE

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would stick to OEM in a daily driver.
I’m not against aftermarket aluminum radiators, i bought one off of Amazon for a small tire s10 I had, and it served its purpose.

NMNorsse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the oem radiator it's aluminum.

1800radiator.com has amazing prices and fast free shipping.