Where to get a VIN label?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dajain

Reaction score
Good Morning Guys!

I have this 1991 K3500, which is a tow truck. Where I live, part of the tow truck inspection is the GVW must be stated on the truck stickers somewhere.
Here's my problem.

The sticker on the door was painted over. So after a little research, I decided to try mineral spirits to remove the paint and make the sticker readable again.

So, to insure I didn't destroy the sticker, I started in a corner an exposed the "GM" logo in the corner. I thought "Great! the spirits isn't going to erase the lettering.

As I was cleaning the paint off the rest of the sticker, I discover the information on the sticker had already been removed and the sticker is blank.

So, tried GM and they were no help.

Tried a few businesses that make new labels for body shops and they need to see the original to make a copy.

Does anyone know a source where a replacement VIN sticker for a '91 Silverado can be ordered from?

I have the RPO codes in the glovebox and it has code C7A (GVW 10k) and I'm waiting to hear if that will suffice for the GVW requirements, but if it doesn't, I'll need that sticker.

Any idea guys?

Dajain

Reaction score
I found a company which will print up a new label but they need a copy of the original.

Does anyone have a K3500 with the 10,000 lb GVW rating that they can take a picture of their door sticker and send it to me?

I will have it printed with my trucks VIN of course. Just need all the other info on it.