Best aftermarket Door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 Ext Cab, looking to replace the the 2 door speakers and the 2 rear speakers. Any advice on the best brand to go with? thanks!

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I got some 6.5" Kenwood Concert Series KFC-650 speakers for the fronts. Haven't installed them yet, but I have heard good things with them. Kenwood is a pretty good brand in general. The only stereo brand I'll ever buy.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I Like Infinity Kappa's, but your not paying $40 for em.

Also Crutchfield has a great website for helping you find what your looking for. use there chat feature.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can verify that the Kicker KS series of speakers will fit very well in the '97 interior. They're nice speakers with real rubber surrounds that will last you a long time. The component sets come with nice 1" silk dome tweeters that will fit under the factory tweeter grilles in the door panels.

The front speakers are 6.5", the rear are 4"x6".

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
How much did they run you?
And the front and rear are both 6.5 inch speakers correct?
And I am looking at these currently:
https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fos...ar&ie=UTF8&qid=1514513240&sr=1-1&keywords=6.5

They ran me around $45 for the pair, but that was Black Friday at Best Buy, normally they around $80, so you know they are probably going to be good speakers. :)

Only fronts are 6.5" and rear are 4"x6", as @df2x4 said.

Here's the link to my speakers if you want to check them out: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kenwoo...ene-cones-pair-silver/5577929.p?skuId=5577929
A few people were saying that the speakers lack bass, but I'm not going to worry about it, since I have a sub in my truck anyway.

Tachyon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Crutchfield is a great resource for seeing what fits in your vehicle. If you shop the sales they often have great prices too.

What I'd recommend is that you don't cut and hack things into your vehicle or stereo, there are all kinds of adapters and connectors that can make anything plug and play and totally reversible. Scosche is great for these adapters.

digdug18

Reaction score
I had a 3-way custom setup in the front doors of my last truck, it sounds like a concert hall. Though I had to make some custom fiberglass mountings for the speakers, it was worth it in the end. My speakers were $850 for the set.

For stock locations, I agree with Infinity speakers. I prefer silk tweeters as well, they’re less harsh on the ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Crutchfield is a great resource for seeing what fits in your vehicle. If you shop the sales they often have great prices too.

What I'd recommend is that you don't cut and hack things into your vehicle or stereo, there are all kinds of adapters and connectors that can make anything plug and play and totally reversible. Scosche is great for these adapters.
I totally agree with you, Crutchfield is a great place. Scosche is also a good brand, got a stereo kit and sub wire from them and have been holding up really well.