Best aftermarket Door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
so you had no issues with installing the kickers? I am leaning towards them now

No issues. I've never used their 4x6 KS series though. I have their 6.5 and 4x10 KS in my Suburban. My red truck is all DLS Reference series components with separate tweeters.

Ah I see,
well I decided to go with these in the front doors..
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BF6HWC...bff5-4ce9aa49b8c9&ie=UTF8&qid=1514859930&sr=2

What would be a good setup for the rear speakers?

Definitely would not have been my first choice, but I'm sure they'll work.

As far as the rear, it all depends on your definition of "good." Looks like you're going really budget oriented so honestly I'd grab the cheapest 4x6 option with a silk dome tweeter.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
honestly in my opinion i would recommend making them all the same, that way theres no difference in sound.

Kicker KS are really good. Have 4 4x6 in mine and 2 6x9 and 2 6.5 in my GF's 4runner. Sound really good.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why I suggested Kicker KS components... You could've just replaced the factory tweeters with the ones that came with them.

Considering what you bought, I'd either just leave the factory tweeters alone or disconnect them.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 3-way custom setup in the front doors of my last truck, it sounds like a concert hall. Though I had to make some custom fiberglass mountings for the speakers, it was worth it in the end. My speakers were $850 for the set.

For stock locations, I agree with Infinity speakers. I prefer silk tweeters as well, they’re less harsh on the ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

$850.00 dollars for one set of speakers is a lot or are you meaning for all the speakers and amps and radio??

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
$850.00 dollars for one set of speakers is a lot or are you meaning for all the speakers and amps and radio??

It's a decent amount, but not unheard of at all especially for a good 3-way passive system. Focal and several other companies make 6.5" component sets in excess of $5000 (yes, five thousand dollars) new for a set.

I had a set of 6.5" German Rainbow brand speakers in an old Nissan Maxima that were worth more than the car.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a decent amount, but not unheard of at all especially for a good 3-way passive system. Focal and several other companies make 6.5" component sets in excess of $5000 (yes, five thousand dollars) new for a set.

I had a set of 6.5" German Rainbow brand speakers in an old Nissan Maxima that were worth more than the car.

Yes I have seen that Focal speakers are super high $$$$ but that’s not in my budget.

Years back I had a Firebird I was amazed how 6X9 speakers sounded in the car.

Jermaine Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been looking speakers on audio sites myself. I notice crutchfield don't have the large amount of selection on speakers like sonic electronics.....

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can verify that the Kicker KS series of speakers will fit very well in the '97 interior. They're nice speakers with real rubber surrounds that will last you a long time. The component sets come with nice 1" silk dome tweeters that will fit under the factory tweeter grilles in the door panels.

The front speakers are 6.5", the rear are 4"x6".

Do you still like these speakers? Looking to upgrade my fronts. Not sure what to do with the rears yet may just disconnect them since one rattles. I dont want to remove all the trim to get to them worried it will crack being so old and I think the trim under the window was glued in by the PO.