Best aftermarket Door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also do the rear speakers have to be 4 x 6 , or can they be just 4 inches?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you tried to link something in your last two posts, it didn't work.

Rear speakers can be 4", but you need a 4"x6" to 4" adapter plate to bolt them up. Search that on Amazon or eBay, something should pop up.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, are there any specific rear ones you would recommend. It seems like 4 x 6 is not very common.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would assume so with the correct Metra mounting kit, however I've never installed a double DIN in one of these trucks. Check the fitment of whatever specific model you're looking at on Crutchfield.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I'd stay away from Rockford Fosgate for interior speakers. They make some nice amplifiers and decent subwoofers, but their full range speakers use Titanium or polymer tweeters that sound really harsh and tinny when compared to something with silk domes. After hearing them in a few vehicles I'd never put them in something I owned. Just my opinion.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I'd stay away from Rockford Fosgate for interior speakers. They make some nice amplifiers and decent subwoofers, but their full range speakers use Titanium or polymer tweeters that sound really harsh and tinny when compared to something with silk domes. After hearing them in a few vehicles I'd never put them in something I owned. Just my opinion.
so you had no issues with installing the kickers? I am leaning towards them now

Tachyon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can confirm on the Kicker Speakers. Though personally I wouldn't put full range speakers in the rear. But then I am 100% team "Front stage, rear fill".
In other words, your full range in the front, tweeters in the dash, mids and subs in the back. This presents the most realistic sound-stage. In other words it most sounds like you were live at the performance. These days though a lot of home theatre surround sound thinking has crept into car audio for some reason. Personally I think it's fairly silly, but it is totally a matter of preference.

That said, Polk Audio, Infinity, Pioneer, and nearly every other name brand make 4x6 speakers that will drop into your vehicle.

Something like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G2QFRFO/ combined with a pair of adapters like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OQ6Q58/ might work nice sound wise.
Note: I'm not saying you should use these specific parts, just giving you an example you can actually see.