Anyone ever pulled leafs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to do a poor mans drop until tax time. How many leafs plus my 2" shackles would I need to get a 4" rear

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
there was a pretty lengthy discussion about it on my build thread I have heard if you pull the middle leaf (not counting the overload) plus two inch shackles should put you right at the four inches your looking for. but most people will tell you to be prepared for a horrible ride

Sent from my static android

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
there was a pretty lengthy discussion about it on my build thread I have heard if you pull the middle leaf (not counting the overload) plus two inch shackles should put you right at the four inches your looking for. but most people will tell you to be prepared for a horrible ride

Correct of the leaf to pull, incorrect about the ride!!!!! I've had 3 different dropped trucks like this! It rides better than stock, but kills your payload. You do have to notch the bed right about the shackle though!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Correct of the leaf to pull, incorrect about the ride!!!!! I've had 3 different dropped trucks like this! It rides better than stock, but kills your payload. You do have to notch the bed right about the shackle though!

I have no experience with the ride my friend I was just warning him most people WILL come in here and tell him its gonna ride badly

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I believe he is referring to a c-notch, not cutting the bed

nope he is talking about cutting the bed. there is a guy that lives across the street from my friend, that is running shackles and pulled a leaf. there is a crossmember on the bottom of the bed right in front of the shackles you have to notch that otherwise your leafs will hit them. if you look under your truck you'll see what I mean. if that guys truck is home tomorrow I'll try to get a pic.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I believe he is referring to a c-notch, not cutting the bed

if you use two inch drop shackles and pull at leaf it'll put you between three and four inches drop no need for a c-notch