Wanting to lower a 2wd c1500 and looking for suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EarlH

Reaction score
I got the grill at LMS. I wanted a stock one but they were on backorder and the chrome one was only $10.00 more . It was an easy install everything lined up nice. I think the only thing i had a problem with was my bug shield wouldn't fit right , wouldn't let the hood shut. The bug shield had made such a mess out of my hood I left it off. I just had it painted and replaced all the headlights, blinkers and marker lamps. I was going to put my billet insert back in, but couldn't bring my self to cut that nice grill. I removed all the bumpers grill and lights to have it painted so everything was off to start with. Just for GP when one set of tires was installed with the white letters out and after installing the bell spindles. i hit a big dip with front end and shaved all the letters off the front tires. I have since rolled the wheels wells so that doesn't happen again.
Thanks for the info.. still haven’t decided what grill to use… Just had the truck painted.. It came out awesome! Do you know anything about the door lock actuators? Mine were not working so I bought news ones and it still doesn’t open and close all the way.. Seems like it sticks half way… thanks for ant help.
I got the grill at LMS. I wanted a stock one but they were on backorder and the chrome one was only $10.00 more . It was an easy install everything lined up nice. I think the only thing i had a problem with was my bug shield wouldn't fit right , wouldn't let the hood shut. The bug shield had made such a mess out of my hood I left it off. I just had it painted and replaced all the headlights, blinkers and marker lamps. I was going to put my billet insert back in, but couldn't bring my self to cut that nice grill. I removed all the bumpers grill and lights to have it painted so everything was off to start with. Just for GP when one set of tires was installed with the white letters out and after installing the bell spindles. i hit a big dip with front end and shaved all the letters off the front tires. I have since rolled the wheels wells so that doesn't happen again.

Attachments

• IMG_7566.jpeg
    IMG_7566.jpeg
    431.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7565.jpeg
    IMG_7565.jpeg
    437 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7569.jpeg
    IMG_7569.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7567.jpeg
    IMG_7567.jpeg
    424.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7568.jpeg
    IMG_7568.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 18

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.. still haven’t decided what grill to use… Just had the truck painted.. It came out awesome! Do you know anything about the door lock actuators? Mine were not working so I bought news ones and it still doesn’t open and close all the way.. Seems like it sticks half way… thanks for ant help.
I always like the fleetsides better than my sport stepside...

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always like the fleetsides better than my sport stepside...
Blasphemy!!!!!!!!
I'll DM you my address so you can ship your bada$$ ride to my place if that's how you feel!!! Lol
Only the chosen few are entrusted to take care of the steppys!!!!
Bahahahahahaha!!!!

Ps....that's mostly a joke. Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll send you just the box trade LOL
Once I get this one all done up and on the road. I think I will actually look for a fleetside box, get it all painted up etc and swap back and forth every once in a while.
Just to keep it interesting and trip people up.
I'm sure there wouldn't be much work involved other than different support rods for the bedsides. Have a rollpan welded in, maybe actually be able to shave the taillights properly and do something a bit more custom.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blasphemy!!!!!!!!
I'll DM you my address so you can ship your bada$$ ride to my place if that's how you feel!!! Lol
Only the chosen few are entrusted to take care of the steppys!!!!
Bahahahahahaha!!!!

Ps....that's mostly a joke. Lol
I just think the fleets look nicer, BAD A$$ with fat rubber in them, better than steps. I use to have ******** US 20in. 9 1/2 mags and fat Nitto tires on the step.. now has 18in Vision 8 1/2 wheels. With the 20in. US Mags it would scuff the rear tires, has no C-Notch. Both 18in. 8 1/2 now, but wider tires in rear.

Attachments

• P4060741.JPG
    P4060741.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220521_081151765.jpg
    IMG_20220521_081151765.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just think the fleets look nicer, BAD A$$ with fat rubber in them, better than steps. I use to have ******** US 20in. 9 1/2 mags and fat Nitto tires on the step.. now has 18in Vision 8 1/2 wheels. With the 20in. US Mags it would scuff the rear tires, has no C-Notch.
Sorry for the "hijack" @Darrell
That is the one thing you can't do with the stepside is too big of a wheel/tire combo diameter wise.
On an episode of Trucks(I think that's what it was called) they did a steppy on a new Roadster shop chassis, and they couldn't go as big as the wanted too.
As for the c-notch.....you know what you have to do there! Lol

EarlH

Reaction score
I don’t like the tail lights I took them off and put the stock ones back on

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did replace one lock and removed /installed one doorlock actuator/ Seems you have to the rod in just right for assembly to work right. My drivers door lock just lost the snapring and now is stuck in the socket for the lock.. I'll have to take the door apart again to fix that. I had a bit of trouble with the latch closing before the door did, but that might have just been me. I do like the Dark Garnet Red paint, that's what the color on mine is.

EarlH

Reaction score
I did replace one lock and removed /installed one doorlock actuator/ Seems you have to the rod in just right for assembly to work right. My drivers door lock just lost the snapring and now is stuck in the socket for the lock.. I'll have to take the door apart again to fix that. I had a bit of trouble with the latch closing before the door did, but that might have just been me. I do like the Dark Garnet Red paint, that's what the color on mine is.
I replaced one door lock and actuator on the passenger side …without getting into some confusing detail, I basically had to switch the locks from one door to the other to make that work in my new chrome door handles. It was frustrating, trying to figure it out as I installed it as it game off the old handle …as you would think it would be…didn’t work out, lock rotated the wrong way. Anyway, during the confusing part pulling it in and out , I scratched my new paint , dammit. I’ll post some pictures when I get out to the shop.