Anybody have a system in their babe?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my '94 I'm running Infinity Kappa 4x6s in my dash powered by my Alpine CDA-9853 deck, Rockford Fosgate T165 6.5" coaxials (would like to invest in some components next year) in Q-form Kick Panels powered by a Rockford P300x2, and two Rockford Fosgate P3's in a not very great downfiring box underneath the back seats powered by an Alpine MRX-M110 1100w wired to 2-ohm.

Next year I plan on removing the rear seats and installing a much higher end system in the rear utilizing rear speakers and two 12" T1 Rockfords or possibly some higher end JL's. Unsure as of this moment.

Not sure what to put in for components though.

Truck is going to have a lot of dynamat installed next year too, truck is on a long overhaul journey at the moment.

Heres the kick panels:

You must be registered for see images attach

Thatlifted2wd

Reaction score

Old picture but it's what I got on hand.
10" audiobahn SE in a custom box powered by a 500w Sony explode amp.
Nothing fancy by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Old picture but it's what I got on hand.
10" audiobahn SE in a custom box powered by a 500w Sony explode amp.
Nothing fancy by any means.

Are those holes in your box just that... drilled holes? I don't see any actual porting... Unless there's tubes on the other side of those and you tuned them, plug that crap up. It's not helping you.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's tubes lol

Had me fooled! What frequency did you tune to then?

EDIT - Are you sure there's tubes in there? The proper method for doing that usually has some type of tubing coming up over the exterior lip of your port hole. Also in a single woofer box, you usually only do one port. It's just easier that way. Looks to me like there's nothing hooked to that MDF at all. I'm not trying to dog on your setup I'm just trying to share some info. If you don't tune your ports properly then you're basically just compromising what was once a nice sealed box.

Last edited:

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Ive got Kenwood 6.5s 120w components and tweeters in the front doors, Rockford 80w 6.75 coaxial speakers in the rear doors, two Rockford P2 12s pushed by a rockford 750 mono-block amp (plenty of power to thump) in a custom fit sealed box i built. (subs hit from 24 Hz all the way up to almost 130 Hz) Door speakers run without an amp. Running a top of the line pioneer single din head unit. Have two rockford bass/treble adjusters mounted in the dash of a future addition of a door speaker amp, but one is already used for the subs. I like quality music :hmm: