Anybody have a system in their babe?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Marginally better than calling it bae. Still wierd

mistaake

Reaction score
My 1995 Suburban has the all-new air-filled speaker system that outputs 0W of pure hi-fi sound!
You must be registered for see images attach

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 1995 Suburban has the all-new air-filled speaker system that outputs 0W of pure hi-fi sound!
You must be registered for see images attach
Lold at this. All I have right now is Memphis components in the front and rear doors. I have a couple of alpine type r 12's that I'm considering putting under the rear seats if I can make them fit. Ohh but this is in my 800.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had 2 type rs in a ported custom box in my 2001 jimmy. Pretty much rattled every interior bolt loose haha. Box took up every bit of the cargo space not that there's that much

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yikes lol gotta love 90s paper cones

I see a lot of people ******* on the paper cones these days. The truth of the matter is, paper is one of the best cone materials out there when it comes to sound quality. They may not last as long as the fancy new kevlar/plastic/whatever that most companies are using now, but you just can't beat them if you like a nice neutral mid-bass. All of my DLS Reference interior speakers use paper cones and silk dome tweeters, and I picked them out for a reason.

mistaake

Reaction score
I see a lot of people ******* on the paper cones these days. The truth of the matter is, paper is one of the best cone materials out there when it comes to sound quality. They may not last as long as the fancy new kevlar/plastic/whatever that most companies are using now, but you just can't beat them if you like a nice neutral mid-bass. All of my DLS Reference interior speakers use paper cones and silk dome tweeters, and I picked them out for a reason.

Nah, probably gonna a replace them with these and then buy a new head unit (the Kenwood in there right now is awful and only powers the front speakers, one of which is the above and the other once which is probably not much better though it (barely) does output some sound. No plans for a subwoofer in the Suburban, though the Silverado might get one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MP0OMDY/

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nah, probably gonna a replace them with these and then buy a new head unit (the Kenwood in there right now is awful and only powers the front speakers, one of which is the above and the other once which is probably not much better though it (barely) does output some sound. No plans for a subwoofer in the Suburban, though the Silverado might get one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MP0OMDY/

What was the "Nah" for? I didn't suggest that anyone do anything... Was just saying that paper gets a bad rep as a cone material when it shouldn't.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was joking about the paper cones lol just just don't hold up to wear and tear...no pun intended. I'd assume it's just cheaper for the manafactures to throw em in bc obviously they still sell paper coned speaks