Anybody have a picture of this splash shield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drag sgt

Reaction score
Ordering some new splash shields for the Suburban, but there's a part I am unfamiliar with. LMC labels part #6 as "Splash Shield-Right Hand With Clips", which I initially interpreted as just being the passenger-side splash shield, but that's not the case (you need 2 #8 for a "full kit"). For gassers it's noted as fitting models fitted with the high capacity K47 intakes, in addition to diesels, but I know I don't have one.

I also found another description on a different parts site that describes it as "for the front of the passenger side inner fender, behind battery".

Anybody have one that can snap a pic? I just recently had the passenger inner fender out to do glow plugs and didn't notice anything obvious under the battery tray.

You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Under and behind the battery tray from the tires perspective . As if you looking over the front tire inwards to engine inner fender well to frame. Those are the flexible like 1/8 inch thick black rubber like material sheets that fill the gap between frame and inner fender well.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread may be helpful:

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The top of my vertical shield is bent backwards that I just noticed. It collected some stones/dirt behind it a while ago apparently.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some may not have them , as shown above you may not even notice it. Or through age and wear they have fallen off or removed intentionally.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Is this what your looking for?
It's the drivers side one, but the passenger side was the same.
On my 91 C1500

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

Is this what your looking for?
It's the drivers side one, but the passenger side was the same.
On my 91 C1500

Thats #8 in the diagram. The OP and I are talking about #6. Keeper obviously has one on his truck, but I'm not 100% sure where it is, even with his picture.