Anybody have a picture of this splash shield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drag sgt

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The top of my vertical shield is bent backwards that I just noticed. It collected some stones/dirt behind it a while ago apparently.
Perfect, this is the mystery piece in question. Thanks!

Thats #8 in the diagram. The OP and I are talking about #6. Keeper obviously has one on his truck, but I'm not 100% sure where it is, even with his picture.

I didn't quite understand in the 1st picture either, but the 2nd is looking at the front of the passenger inner fender. If yours is missing like mine is, it'll look something like this

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I didn't quite understand in the 1st picture either, but the 2nd is looking at the front of the passenger inner fender. If yours is missing like mine is, it'll look something like this

That's the spot!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yep, you got the spot(s)! :)

I'll have to look again. When I checkd there, there didn't seem to be much of a gap to be worth covering. Maybe it's like the air duct in the fender that got dropped by GM eventually.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

You asked about #6. That third part in the ebay listing is #5 in the diagram you posted.

I do have the piece (#5) that goes here. It's original to the truck. I think it's a bit odd that GM didn't put one on the driver's side.

The pieces that go around the shocks are OEM replacements, but one is torn now and NLA from GM.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to look again. When I checkd there, there didn't seem to be much of a gap to be worth covering. Maybe it's like the air duct in the fender that got dropped by GM eventually.
Sorry 454cid.... I quoted the wrong post and by the time I did the whifferdil, you posted. He has the right spot, purpose from GM is unknown, to me at least. Road spray being deflected down (battery?). The outer vertical one is protecting opening to back of bumper.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Sorry 454cid.... I quoted the wrong post and by the time I did the whifferdil, you posted. He has the right spot, purpose from GM is unknown, to me at least. Road spray being deflected down (battery?). The outer vertical one is protecting opening to back of bumper.

Lol, what is a whifferdil :eek:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
This thread may be helpful:

I see the weirdo piece was mentioned there, too.

drag sgt

Reaction score

LMC said for diesel or gas with k47 air boxes. I know diesels had a fender intake tube that's commonly removed, so the intake mouth for both was probably in that area. I'm guessing #5 is just for all vehicle air boxes since there aren't even holes on the driver side inner fender. All in all, there's several pieces I'll be ordering.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
LMC said for diesel or gas with k47 air boxes.

FYI all the K47 RPO code means on a '96+ gas truck is that it had a larger air filter fitted from the factory. The '96+ gas truck air boxes are all pretty much the same internally, even though there are two different designs made by Donaldson and Delphi. They'll all work with two different sizes of filter, and the larger filter is known as the "K47."

I have no experience with the diesel trucks but FWIU the K47 code gave them an entirely different air box and filter from the standard diesel setup.