'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's proof positive right there! Putting in the work and then seeing and posting the true dyno numbers. No BS. I like it! The Burb is bad ass and the work you've put in is top notch. Well done!
Thank you! I still have a lot I want to do to it still!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thank you. I appreciate it!
Yes you have a really sharp truck! And it does kinda hurt when something happens to it. Even on my old Burb I don't like dents and dings; got a couple of dents in the passenger front door Tuesday evening when I was in Target. A whirlwind came up and flung some shopping carts into the door. It's totally fixable, it just bugs me that it's something else to fix. I like the color on your truck, it's one I don't see often. The Burbs in this area are usually green or dark blue if they aren't platinum or white

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 4L60E saga continues...

Coming home Monday night from my friend's house, the transmission shifted from 1st, to 3rd, back to 2nd, then 3rd and something made a clunk noise like the sun shell broke. Afterwards, every gear was like neutral and I had to call my friend to tow me home on his trailer. This happend as I was entering the highway a little over half throttle. The 1st to 2nd shift had been getting softer over the last 2 weeks, but I didn't expect it to go out with a bang (pun intended). I will pull a line off the radiator to see if the pump is working or not.

Luckily, another friend of mine saw a post for a new Yank 3000 stall converter like I've been wanting for when I get a new transmission. I had already messaged the guy about it before all of this happened and will be picking it up Friday.

I will be purchasing the Level 3 Performabuilt 4l60e soon and hopefully won't be having transmission issues anymore!

As for the current trans, I think I'll pull it apart for the fun of it to see the carnage and possibly rebuilt it myself.

Here's a recent pic of my Suburban, my brother's 01 Silverado, and my father's 79 Trans Am 10th Anniversary

You must be registered for see images attach

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Bummer about the trans, I had started following this thread back in the early beginnings, but haven't been back on the site until recently.

Your 'burb is looking great!

I've been back a few pages to check out the progress, the RWHP numbers are actually really good for an auto and with those wheels/tires(I bet they're not light).

With the ECU swap, how did you keep the fuel gauge working?

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bummer about the trans, I had started following this thread back in the early beginnings, but haven't been back on the site until recently.

Your 'burb is looking great!

I've been back a few pages to check out the progress, the RWHP numbers are actually really good for an auto and with those wheels/tires(I bet they're not light).

With the ECU swap, how did you keep the fuel gauge working?
Thank you! The wheels and tires are pretty heavy (I haven't weighed them yet), but the stock 18s and the 10 ply 33s I had last time it was dyno tuned weren't too far from these! As for the 0411 swap and the fuel gauge, i had no issues with it working. I used a pinout sheet provided by lextech.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Burb's looking pretty sharp! And I like your dad's Trans-Am as well, would like to own of those someday.

Sorry to hear you are having transmission troubles again. Definitely time for the 4L80E swap.