'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint, but no plans of 4L80E swapping. I've been working on a few little projects and saving up since all the Coronavirus mess started up so I havent had the chance to order the transmission yet.

Here are some pics of a project I hope to finish today. Picked up these 2014 Camaro seats for 100 bucks and made brackets to mount them in place of the worn out leather buckets.

I plan on picking this up Friday as well. I have a few ideas for this piece.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the rest of the pictures.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint, but no plans of 4L80E swapping.
Ever consider a 4L65E “swap”? Identical to the 4L60E in terms of installation, just beefier internal components. Bolts right up with no modifications. Once my third 4L60E quit, upgraded to the 65e with a corvette servo and it’s been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ever consider a 4L65E “swap”? Identical to the 4L60E in terms of installation, just beefier internal components. Bolts right up with no modifications. Once my third 4L60E quit, upgraded to the 65e with a corvette servo and it’s been great.

The Performabuilt level 3 I'm getting has some of the upgrades of the 4L65E like the 5 pinion planetary gears and a lot of Sonnax parts as well.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

How many miles do you have on your 65e now?

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
The Performabuilt level 3 I'm getting has some of the upgrades of the 4L65E like the 5 pinion planetary gears and a lot of Sonnax parts as well.

Oh, nice! It was a little too early in the morning and I overlooked the future plans haha. Definitely looks like a nice transmission!

How many miles do you have on your 65e now?

Got about 15k on my new drivetrain right now. Mixed with hauling heavy loads in the truck (1500+ lbs) and/or towing she’s been doing great.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got both seats installed in the Suburban. I dont like how the tracks stick out, but with the intentions of selling these seats I figured I best not modify the tracks too much so they can still bolt in to a Camaro. I plan on getting black and grey leather seats eventually. Other than that they fit great and sit very comfortably with a much more sportier feel!