'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made some good headway this weekend with my heads and cam swap. Top end is off and waiting on my new to me 799 heads to be done. I've got the new Texas Speed cam sitting in its new home with the cam retainer plate on. Next on the list is dropping the oil pan to get to the pickup tube bolt so I can install my new melling oil pump. Everything is going smoothly so far!
I ended up using a Chrysler harmonic balancer puller and one of my old pushrods since the included pins weren't long enough. Worked like a charm!

You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wheels and tires will be arriving Wednesday, I can't wait to get the engine back together and get the Burb sitting on it's new shoes! I also have a k2xx bumper on order as well. This is going to transform the Suburban a lot in the looks and performance departments.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the wheels and tires! Scorpion Saw 20x10 -19mm and Atturo AZ800 305/50r20. I will have to crank the torsion bars back up a hair and trim the valance some. On the back of the fender, I'm going to have to trim my fender flare and do what's called the "NorCal Mod" to be able to clear the tires when turning. Overall I dont think it will be that bad to do and I can't wait to get them all on!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm "Norcal Mod" being from norcal I've never heard it called that. Rims are pretty nice looking. Personally I wouldve gone with some different tires but that's just my opinion.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm "Norcal Mod" being from norcal I've never heard it called that. Rims are pretty nice looking. Personally I wouldve gone with some different tires but that's just my opinion.
I think theres a company called NorCal that does it or something. Basically not cutting the inner fender, but folding it in where it rubs. And thank you! My only reason for going with these is because I never take it offroad and I wanted something that would actually grip the road and not spin everytime I try to pull out from somewhere. We get snow once or twice a year here, and its normally less than 3 inches.

Last edited: