97 C1500 383 Stroker build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also any tranny recommendations? I've already looked there isn't many people super close to me that will build one.
The go to now days is a L480e. I believe your 97 computer should be able to run it, with some keyboard work(tuning) but I've been wrong before. And if it isn't....since we are spending your $$$$, there are aftermarket controllers available for it.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That seems like a hell of a deal, with a too good to be true warranty. 7yrs is more than any OEM would give. I'd do a bit or research on the company, how long they have been around, BBB rating etc. I personally have never heard of them until now....not that that really means anything. The "big name" builders like Blueprint etc are on Jegs and Summit for a reason. They wouldn't be selling them if they were scattering connecting rods all over and having to deal with warranty stuff. Not saying it's bad....but some due diligence is definitely warranted.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright I'll start doing some research on that company. A friend recommended it to me when I said I was doing a 383 build on my truck.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Epm has been around a while but don't know anyone that's used them. I did not see any warranty disclosure on their website other than the engine need shipped back at owners expense and they have 14 days to evaluate it. They said enough to CYA. A week truck freight there. 2 weeks, then a repair process, a week or 2 , then another week back to you is how that goes. No thanks. Not in an only vehicle, that's my daily driver.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would be willing to take my chances. When I do eventually swap it out I'm going to keep my 5.7 and rebuild it and most likely keep it unless someone comes by with a heck of an offer for it. I love building motors and swapping them. If that motor every did break and I had to do that I would be ticked off about it but I would also love swapping the motors and trannys again if I had to.

If they've been around awhile I think I'm gonna take my chances. I might shoot them an email and ask a few questions but I'm willing to take the chance on a 450hp 383 vortec crate motor for 3,000.

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a Scat rotating assembly from Summit for my 383 build.

My block was from a '91 Chevy K2500, 2 bolt main but I know a lot of people suggest that a 4 bolt main engine is a better foundation to build on. I am not sure how to identify the 4 bolt main engines.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4 bolt main is a better foundation to build on because the can take more power than the 2 bolt mains. If you wanna know if it's 2 bolt or 4 bolt you have to remove the oil pan and look at a crank bearing cap and count how many bolts are there. The pic below is a 4 bolt main if there was 2 instead of four then it's a 2 bolt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230915_070707_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_070707_Google.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 3