Ca smog legal 383 stroker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11bravo

Reaction score
The smog stations are primarily schooled for, and looking for, intake or exhaust mods, and sniffer test results. Do not change the air filter, or add any stickers. They don't know a 383 from a 350, or likely even a 283. Just don't give them any reason to dig deeper, and you will be okay.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you might be able to use this it has a carb eo number it is meant for 96+ gmt400s but I think you might be able to use it https://blueprintengines.com/products/efi-vortec-383ci-stroker-crate-engine-small-block-gm
Yeah I was looking at that but the hp/torque was insignificant. Before the tune ban people would just stroke it and just pass with the visual test and sniffer. Now there's less leeway, granted there still is a possibility you'll pass but I can't guarantee that.
1. Buy a diesel obs
2. Find a dirty smog shop
3. Change your address
4. Move out of Cali
Ps not telling you to do this but it's what I've "heard" you can do to pass certain loopholes.
Smog laws in California aren't great for automotive enthusiast.

braidenserpa

Reaction score
Would this be ca smog legal and work fine with a 383 stroker as long as i dont make more than 525 horsepower which im not planning on. i know it says ca eo approved but i just want to make sure becuase i cant find any other fuel injection or fuel alternatives that say anything about beint carb approved or whatever.