383 stroker!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C1500stepside

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while, been busy lately found out I'm having a baby girl. But anyway these are the parts I'm gonna use-
Scat forged rotating assembly
Lunati voodoo cam and lifter kit 20080720
Vortec heads 906
Scorpion 1pc pushrods
Lunati beehive spring kit 74818k2
self aligning scorpion roller rockers scp1084bl 1.5/1.6 (higher ratio on the exhaust, I think it will be good for when I turbo, trying to plan ahead a little and I've heard it'll help with the heads since the exhaust is a bit small)
As far as the induction they're isn't that much upgrades out there for vortec motors so I'm planning on using the factory setup for a while, its only good for about 400hp at the cranks. until I have enough money for this wicked holley set up 550-826! Or the GM Ram Jet set up 12498032. I'm still weighing the options but for the price and everything included in the holley kit I'm leaning more that way. Anyone use any of these?
And the last thing will be turbo but that'll be down the road.
This will be my daily driver so I need it street able and turbo won't be installed till maybe a year from when the engine is complete.
Any suggestions on other or better parts or just any input and advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
staying vortec going carb or what i dont remember so intake, if fuel injected youll need injectors tune etc etc. what comp ratio you gonna end up with? id recommend a god port match and polish with the vortecs.

C1500stepside

Reaction score
Yeah I wanna stay fuel injected I like all the tuning capabilities that you can use. Im also going to get that 0411 ecu and a tune. Heard alot about mj engineering on this forum, so I might try them. Carb is an option but rather stay EFI. That's why I was wanting to get the holley or ram jet kit for when I wanna make more power. How much do you think port job and polish will help? I was thinking just a valve job and polish on the heads. I planing on making at least 330 hp 350 tq N/A. Well I was thinking maybe 9.5:1 so that way I'll be able to boost in the future w/O having to do a whole lot like buying new pistons, etc. I Know I Would Be Losing Hp And Tq Buy staying At That compression. Any idea how much it would be as opposed to having a 10:1 compression?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
330 seems low considering i spent 2600 on my tbi built one with 400, port polish and valve job coundlnt hurt, if your going with a 411 id bump your compression a hair, something along the lines of an lt4 cam might work nicely in that motor with some Yellow springs and comp retainers. i take it your going custom EFI not sticking with vortec, in that sense im not entirely sure what would be best ive neve seen either the holley or ramjet kts so i dont have any input but id thnkk since your going that far into it look into megasquirt.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will get a lot more than your desired numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C1500stepside

Reaction score
Megasquirt...I'll look into that. Thanks tyler. What kind of numbers do you guys think I'll have? Well the 330-350 is what I am expecting to have any more is definitely a plus!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
10.5:1 modded to hell tbi system, dart heads, eagle rotating assembly, oiling mods, cam, headers, dual plane intake, 6.0 rods, pistons were dual valve relief .030 overs