383 stroker!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C1500stepside

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wanna apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section but I wanna start my engine build thread but I also would like opinions, advice and feedback.
It's been a while since I been on, but since last time I came on I was gonna buy a 95 tbi 5.7 but that fell thru. So a couple weeks ago I bout a complete 99 vortec 4 bolt main, 350 engine! And since then I been tearing it down in order to get it to the machine shop and get the heads and block magnafluxed. It looks in fair shape no stress cracks or coolant leaks but thats why im takinh it to the machine shop. Anyway I'm gonna build a fuel injected 383 stroker out of it if it checks out ok. Pretty excited. I've been doing A LOT of researching and have come out with a general parts list of everything I'm gonna put it into it. I'll post it up later to see what ya'll think. My plan is have at least 350 hp and tq and it's still gonna be daily driver. It's not gonna see the track very often maybe twice a year at the most. But I'm staying honest with myself and have decided to go with a forged bottom because I know I may want to eventually turbo it down the line (I'm a converted Honda guy who grew up mainly around boosted imports till I moved to TX from CA) plus just for my own piece of mind and a sort of insurance. So that's that I'll keep everyone posted!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Cant wait to see the build. I built my 383 stroker, nicer got to install it yet and its two years later!! Dawn project ! Lol it should push 450hp and 475 founds of torque! I hope yours will be quicker then that

C1500stepside

Reaction score
Haha Mine Is Gonna Take A While I Just Hope Not That Long LOL. I talked to the machine shop and told him what I was putting into and he told me that what I was putting into it was gonna exceed my expectations of 350 and probably gonna go in to the 400's. So we'll see lol. What rotating assembly dis you use by the way?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very easy to get numbers like Eric has. Mine has the same numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C1500stepside

Reaction score
That's pretty cool then. I thought the guy was probably being modest, but then again he is a re known engine builder in the area. I imagine those numbers are all motor?

C1500stepside

Reaction score
So I've been spending a lot of time looking for a good forged stroker assembly. I thought I was going to go with powerhouses forged kit that they have for about a 1000 But balancing and the flex plates were upgrades here's the link
https://shop.enginekits.com/osb/itemdetails.cfm?ID=2117
Until yesterday I came across a skip white assembly for a bit cheaper but it came with a cast crank which I'm sure can be upgraded to forged. Now I know you get what you pay for and I'm not the type to risk a malfunction just for trying to pinch some pennies but I also believe in smart spending and this seems like a pretty good deal to me.. almost everything seems to be quality parts. He is a known engine builder and the builders who go with this set up seem pretty happy and haven't heard of any complaints yet. Most people who have a problem with him is mainly a customer service thing and not so much a parts issue. This is the link http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=350928381791
Anyone here use this before?Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used an Eagle Forged rotating assembly when I built my engine for my camaro. Came with forged crank, forged H beam 5.7" rods and JE forged pistons. I dont remember the part number for that kit. It was a while ago.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try to stay away from skip white. Haven't heard a lot of good stuff about his products. Try to stay with name brands, like eagle scat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk