383 stroker!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
out of curiousity, what kind of mpg are you stroker guys seeing?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well a dd 383 is different than what me and Eric did. So you will be looking at 12-15 for a dd prolly. But mine is getting less than 8 because I'm throwing more out the exhaust than I'm burning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a 383 in my Z28, alum heads, AED850 carb, 150 shot of laughing gas, T56 6 speed, got 22mpg putting 65 on the interstate and 6-7 mpg playing in town. Had a plain jane 383 in my 86 K10, iron heads, 650 vac secondaries, mild cam, nothing special, built more for torque, it got 8mpg, didn't matter how you drove it, when the tach needle went right the gas needle went left.

It depends more on what the motor is in, trucks dont get good mpg's no matter what theyre powered by, its a big box.

If you have a truck with a 383 in it, and fuel mileage is a concern, then you aren't playing with it right.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
im not concerned, just curious. Mpg is used by me only to make sure there isnt a sudden drop. That way I can possibly see a problem before a breakdown.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
383 shouldnt go easily. the guy who bought mine revved it to 9500 and then grenaded it. the parts youll need to use are alot better than stock and if you know what your doing and have good clearances and such youll have a really strong engine both power wise and durability wise.