2 Water Pumps in 1 month?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
50 posts????
It used to be 50 post, and 6 months of membership, before you were granted full access. So you could sale stuff, have access to some sections on the forum, ECT. With the technology out there today, 50 post, has been upped to 100 post, but it's still 6 months of membership. This has been a help to keep most spammers away. Well that and the fact that @df2x4 , and I will pounce on a spammer in a heartbeat.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get what your saying 1989GMCSIERRA but…

buying online parts for these trucks from online GM dealers your still going to get Chinese made Acdelco parts. I always look for NOS OEM but even an original water pump can be remanufactured by a reputable shop. Here’s an example of one:
If the pumps you’re buying are falling apart in months the shop that’s building them isn’t reputable and they are using substandard parts. A shop will rebuild a factory pump for sauna 67 mustang. And charge accordingly. They aren’t gonna waste their time rebuilding a pump for a 2020 Chevy Malibu.

Those cheap chain store parts are all from the same factory in China. That’s why they offer lifetime warranties. It’s a cheaply rebuilt unit with questionable quality parts. I have yet to have a issue with a dealer bought part or a high quality company part. Can it be made in China….possibly. But it’s built to a different standard with different parts. I had to replace the intake manifold on my Crown Vic. The one I took off was China made. Lasted at least 60,000. Got one from ford parts giant. It was about $100 more than the Chinese made ones.
Doesn’t say made in China but who knows

I dot know about you but when I go buy a rebuilt part from a reputable rebuilder it’s price is nowhere near a rebuilt made with chinesium. A reputable rebuilder will
Use quality bearings and seals. Whenever I rebuild a part for myself I use quality parts. Timken FelPro. They may be made in China but I’ve never had issues with those higher end brands

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the pumps you’re buying are falling apart in months the shop that’s building them isn’t reputable
Ummm I never said I bought any pumps that are falling apart. I did say I replaced mine with a NOS. But I also wouldn’t hesitate to use the shop in the link I posted. Again, rather than buy Chinese water pumps, I prefer NOS or having my original rebuilt by the shop in link.
For anyone interested Arthur Gould is second to none in water pump rebuilds.
“Arthur Gould Rebuilders specializes in rebuilding of mechanical fuel pumps from the year 1927 to 1970 and water pumps from 1900 to the present. We only use modern U.S. made components and materials”.

Last edited:

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ummm I never said I bought any pumps that are falling apart. I did say I replaced mine with a NOS. But I also wouldn’t hesitate to use the shop in the link I posted. Again, rather than buy Chinese water pumps, I prefer NOS or having my original rebuilt by the shop in link.
For anyone interested Arthur Gould is second to none in water pump rebuilds.
“Arthur Gould Rebuilders specializes in rebuilding of mechanical fuel pumps from the year 1927 to 1970 and water pumps from 1900 to the present. We only use modern U.S. made components and materials”.
It wasn’t directed specifically to you. It’s more of a general statement. If yiu can afford to have a quality rebuild on a pump or a item that’s by far better than buying some Chinese junk you’ll be replacing in 8-12 months. Usually OEM parts are of a known quality that’s why I buy OEM. They could be Chinese made but usually have some better QC.