Wiper arm upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Okay cool, I've been wanting to replace my for a long time cus they look like crap but didn't really know how to get them off. I heard once you take them off and put them back on they have to be set just right or they won't work properly? Also should I do the upgrade or just stay with my year?

The posts that the arms fit on are keyed. Mine went too far over after I took them off the first time. Instead of messing with the wiper mechanism inside the cowl, I just took a dremel & ground off the key on the post. Took a couple of tries to get the wiper in the right spot, but that wasn't hard to do

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I dis-assembled my wiper arms and added the GMT800 washer nozzles to them. These were in addition to my OEM cowl washers. I also added a second fluid reservoir.

Damn, damn, damn!!! Another mod that I just HAVE to do! On 2 trucks! Aaaargh!!!
Pics, &/or a build thread, please!

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Dylan, you did yours a good deal different than I did. Your wipers being the later style are slightly different in construction. I had to remove the spring and drill out the rivet to install the mid washer and then re-rivet everything together. I'm also running 2 pumps and 2 reservoirs. 88-95 trucks have a fender mounted reservoir so I swapped the inner fender, added the lower reservoir and toolbox.

I was noticing that you can easily add a second GM pump to the tank where you drilled your hole to add the nipple. You just need to get another seal and pump for it.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Dylan, you did yours a good deal different than I did. Your wipers being the later style are slightly different in construction. I had to remove the spring and drill out the rivet to install the mid washer and then re-rivet everything together. I'm also running 2 pumps and 2 reservoirs. 88-95 trucks have a fender mounted reservoir so I swapped the inner fender, added the lower reservoir and toolbox.

I was noticing that you can easily add a second GM pump to the tank where you drilled your hole to add the nipple. You just need to get another seal and pump for it.

I assume that spot is for the rear pump so just grab a tank from the junkyard from a tahoe/suburban with the pumps already attached. My way was easy also, doesn't leak and inline pumps are easy to find on european vehicles (although the one I bought at the JY turned out to be broken :lol:). A T-fitting on the factory line worked perfectly though.

I haven't attached mine yet, just ziptied right now (surprised they haven't blown off yet). I'm not going to bother with the rivets. Just epoxy them on there.

I might have to go take a look at those dorman nozzles on that rustang website. Those look like they clip on nice.