What's the most comfortable seat you've found?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On FB I see people swap 2014+ seats into GMT400s often enough. Some people like them, I don’t. I had a 2015 RCLB Duramax with cloth buckets and thought they were the worst comfort wise, but they were power and operated smoothly which was nice.

GM made a fairly major change in the 2014-2018/2020 seats between the 2015 and 2016 model years. The 2014-15 seats are thought to be some of the worst seats ever put in a modern GM truck.

I've been surprised by my leather 1995-98 GMT400 seats. As unstructured as they look, they have been very easy to drive long distances without fatigue. My 2003 GMT800 60/40 cloth seats were also great. My 2002 GMT800 bucket leather seats were fair, but not as good as others. My 2021 Tacoma cloth bucket seats are supportive and good for sporty use offroad, but are too hard for long haul driving. The elcheapo cloth buckets in my TJ Jeep were poor for sporty support, but surprisingly comfortable for highway use after I lifted them a little bit with spacers.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The seats in my old Dodge Intrepid were nice and comfy. Funny thing about those cars: the cloth/velour upholstery was a mottled gray, whatever color the outside of the car was. It looked good and we spent 200,000 miles in those seats...and the upholstery still was in good shape when we sold the car.
The buckets in the Burb are comfortable, it's just the leather covers are all wore out like they do. The split bench in the CCLB is very comfortable, and has near mint beige velour on it. And these seats are more at "chair height" and the foam is firmer since the truck has low mileage on it. Even though it's a crew cab, I don't think there were multiple people in the cab very often....

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Not a truck seat but bmw leather power sports seats from 3 series or 5 series, 90s thru 2020 are the most comfortable seats I’ve ever sat in. I’ve done 20 hours straight in those with no issue. Especially the ones in my 2015 3 series. It did take me a day or so to find exactly the right combo of thigh support, recline back, base recline, Bolster hug, lumbar position and inflation amount Plus fore aft setting, but I had two setting memorized that were just slightly different and on long drives Id flip between them every 4-6 hours. They were NOT lazy boy sink into them seats but properly supportive buckets.

the front buckets in my gmt800 Tahoe were comfy but the other two rows were not.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Just had this discussion with my father-in-law the other day. He's in the boat with me on loving the stock cloth buckets in my suburban. Same seats as the 99 k1500 ecsb thats been parked far too long. He'd like to have a set of them in his 2020 escape.