Finding the correct seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isd503

Reaction score
I just bought a used truck and discovered the bucket seats were only attached to the floor on the two outside screws. I removed the seats and carpet and found there are only four seat holes in the floor; two near the passenger and two near the drivers doors. I have two problems I need help on.

First, the attached pic of the cloth seats below is what I would like to obtain, but I have no part numbers or correct terminology for them which is making it very difficult to find them. I think the right part numbers for the track are:

15991509 - seat track, right
15991504 - seat track, left
15975315 - seat track, reinforcement
15521483 - wire
15552399 - return spring

Do those part numbers match the picture of the bench seat with folding middle I included below?

Secondly, I have some seats which were in the truck when I bought it and I do not know how to identify them. They are the maroon seats in the pic below.

Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• Truck Seats.jpeg
    Truck Seats.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 11.29.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 11.29.41 PM.png
    743 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7582.jpeg
    IMG_7582.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7580.jpeg
    IMG_7580.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7583.jpeg
    IMG_7583.jpeg
    421.6 KB · Views: 33

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That diagram may be for the early style interior (the seat in that drawing is the early style). But the parts underneath the seat MAY be the same?
The bench seat your picture shows is the later('95-up) deluxe bench seat with the cloth upholstery. This is what my crew cab has for a back seat though many trucks use it for a front seat. There's a split bench seat,60/40, that's used on the trucks in place of the regular bench seat. It looks the same except for being in two parts.
The buckets have a pair of tracks, that bolt into 4 holes in the floorboard. The benches have only the 4 holes on the outer edges nearer to the door jambs. Burgundy is the rarest interior color so matching parts will be more difficult than the tan, gray or blue interiors.

isd503

Reaction score
Ty for your response. If I can match the right track with the right seat, then I can start hunting for what I need. I think those two will go together, but still not 100% sure. My cab is standard.

As soon as I find the bench seat and tracks the burgundy bucket seats and tracks in the pic above are going up for sale. I also have a burgundy center console which will also be sold.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you get a seat , usually you unbolt from the floor. Then it's just line up the floor to base holes and bolt it in. I wouldn't mess with tracks on and off, you mean the base, the base bolts to the floor. Seat attaches to base . Other GM seats will attach to base. Base is unique to vehicle.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ty for your response. If I can match the right track with the right seat, then I can start hunting for what I need. I think those two will go together, but still not 100% sure. My cab is standard.

As soon as I find the bench seat and tracks the burgundy bucket seats and tracks in the pic above are going up for sale. I also have a burgundy center console which will also be sold.
Check the RPO label to see what it came with - AE7 is split 60/40 bench and A52 is solid bench with armrest.

The parts diagrams are at this link below and will have the part numbers for whatever you decide to go with. Some parts may be specific to certain cab configurations. A regular cab is chassis number (03) so make sure it has that code. In these examples, 03 is a regular cab while 06 or 43 would be a four door cab/utility. If it doesn’t have any code in parenthesis, then it worked for all cab configurations.

The model codes would also apply for other parts. Here’s a rundown on them:

You must be registered for see images attach

Part catalog link:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
*Usually* the regular cab will come with a straight across bench seat, not a split, though the split was optional. A straight across bench mounts with just the 4 outside bolts for the brackets to the floor. You can score one of those seats pretty easily, very often in the rear of a crew cab truck, in great shape as they see less use.

Richard

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the RPO label to see what it came with - AE7 is split 60/40 bench and A52 is solid bench with armrest.

The parts diagrams are at this link below and will have the part numbers for whatever you decide to go with. Some parts may be specific to certain cab configurations. A regular cab is chassis number (03) so make sure it has that code. In these examples, 03 is a regular cab while 06 or 43 would be a four door cab/utility. If it doesn’t have any code in parenthesis, then it worked for all cab configurations.

The model codes would also apply for other parts. Here’s a rundown on them:

Part catalog link:

Hello, so this A52 is it a vinyl seat ? And when you say it’s with an arm rest ? Is it a folding arm rest ? Any pics of a A52?

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
*Usually* the regular cab will come with a straight across bench seat, not a split, though the split was optional. A straight across bench mounts with just the 4 outside bolts for the brackets to the floor. You can score one of those seats pretty easily, very often in the rear of a crew cab truck, in great shape as they see less use.

Richard
Richard, are you saying the rear bench of a crew cab can be mounted as a front seat ? If so does it also have the ability to slide back and forth ? Thanks