Finding the correct seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How well does yours work compared to newer cars? Of the two that I have now (buckets) they don’t seem to inflate very much.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It works ok, I can’t say it’s any better or worse than what I had in my 2018 Z71. I like the truck better. :)

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, maybe I’ll root around in there and see if they’re leaking. I used to have an 04 and 08 Suburban and those things were pretty noticeable when inflated to the max.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, maybe I’ll root around in there and see if they’re leaking. I used to have an 04 and 08 Suburban and those things were pretty noticeable when inflated to the max.
You absolutely notice it, it definitely pumps right up and adds support.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes.
Going bench>bench, bolt the tracks from the original seat to the bottom of the CC rear seat, then the seat with the tracks on it bolts to the original base. ('Uprights'. 'Risers'. Whatever.)
That bench with the one piece cushion & separate backrests, when originally equipped as a front seat, has individual recline B/R mechanisms.
IIRC, when using a CC rear, the B/R's are restricted in the amount of recline, due to their relative proximity to the cabin's rear wall.
Yes I can vouch for the truth of that! When we got the big beastie, the back seat wasn't all the way rearward on its tracks. I moved it back all the way, to have plenty of room for me and my toolboxes (since I wanted those to stay inside, safe and dry). But this also limits the space on the "package tray" behind the seat.
Sometime I'll have to clean the footwell out, and see how far forward the back seat can go. Might need to tilt it some to sleep there....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Yea. Canada. The country's entire population = California's. More than a few 400 options are kinda rare here.
Tilt steering columns with cruise for a stickshift for instance. I've seen one. ...and that'd been trashed beyond repair.

This is the seat I was referring to...
In 20+ years of of crawling through auto wreckers pickin' 400 parts, I've only ever seen 3 of these.
But I've seen lotsa pix of U.S. trucks with 'em.

You must be registered for see images attach
Just like Rawhide's, except his is tan. Most of the Silverado CC 's have these. Cheyenne and Scottsdale got a plain bench in vinyl. I've seen a few CCLB 's in the yards' online inventory pictures, that had the deluxe rear seat, and buckets and torpedo console up front! Couldn't get to those yards to see it in person though, and I like the split bench in this truck.
Buckets are fine in the Burb cause I'm used to them there. If I can find a set of the cloth seats, I'd swap them out, or just nicer leather seats would be okay too.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I'll try to get a picture of the back seat and its mounts/tracks tonight or tomorrow. I'll post pics here then....
Here's a couple of pictures I got tonight, if you need better ones I can try again in the morning.
The adjustment lever on the bench in back(one piece seat base) is on the driver's side (see where yellow arrow is pointing in the second picture). I believe the seat tracks are on the bottom of the seat itself, and then those attach to the base brackets that bolt to the floor. First pic is on passenger side.

Attachments

• IMG_20240203_181148720_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240203_181148720_HDR.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240203_181323790~2.jpg
    IMG_20240203_181323790~2.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 6