Finding the correct seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, so this A52 is it a vinyl seat ? And when you say it’s with an arm rest ? Is it a folding arm rest ? Any pics of a A52?

It was a fold-down console but some 95s didn’t have the lid. It wasn’t vinyl - it would be in the upper trim cloth (Silverado) and maybe (?) available in leather. It had manual slide and a lumbar button.

Split benches used the same console and were definitely available in leather. I imagine those could be had with power controls.

You must be registered for see images attach

The cloth or vinyl bench seats in the base trim (Cheyenne) wouldn’t have the console as far as I know.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Richard, are you saying the rear bench of a crew cab can be mounted as a front seat ? If so does it also have the ability to slide back and forth ? Thanks
I've never really checked, but cost-cutting mentality tells me the possibility is there that it's a stationary mount. The seat itself is the same as a front seat so if the brackets don't slide, you should be able to swap them easily. I just brought up the crew cab rear seats because they're usually in great shape vs. front seats; usually by the time they get to the boneyard they're wasted.

Richard

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never really checked, but cost-cutting mentality tells me the possibility is there that it's a stationary mount. The seat itself is the same as a front seat so if the brackets don't slide, you should be able to swap them easily. I just brought up the crew cab rear seats because they're usually in great shape vs. front seats; usually by the time they get to the boneyard they're wasted.

Richard
Ok great thanks, I understand now, Brad

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Richard, are you saying the rear bench of a crew cab can be mounted as a front seat ? If so does it also have the ability to slide back and forth ? Thanks
Yes.
Going bench>bench, bolt the tracks from the original seat to the bottom of the CC rear seat, then the seat with the tracks on it bolts to the original base. ('Uprights'. 'Risers'. Whatever.)
That bench with the one piece cushion & separate backrests, when originally equipped as a front seat, has individual recline B/R mechanisms.
IIRC, when using a CC rear, the B/R's are restricted in the amount of recline, due to their relative proximity to the cabin's rear wall.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
east302.
Am I seeing this right? Is that a power seat motor with cable drives & switches under a bench seat?

...and #54. Outer plastic covers for bench seat bases!

Those CC rear seats are so rare in the GWN.
As a front seat, even more so.
I passed on 2 for cheap before I knew just how few & far between they are up here.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Close… #12 is the lumbar pad and 44 the pump for it. I had that seat in a truck years ago and don’t remember the lumbar doing much more than make noise.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Close… #12 is the lumbar pad and 44 the pump for it. I had that seat in a truck years ago and don’t remember the lumbar doing much more than make noise.
Ahhh...
Damn. OEM electric bench. That'd be too much to ask for! Guess I'm back to the original plan of adapting '70/'80's Caddy stuff.

I've fixed a few of those backrest lumbar supports for just that prob.
Usually it's an airline that's been pinched or has come off either at the pump or the bag. I've seen where the bag itself breaks/splits around the tube connection, too.

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
east302.
Am I seeing this right? Is that a power seat motor with cable drives & switches under a bench seat?

...and #54. Outer plastic covers for bench seat bases!

Those CC rear seats are so rare in the GWN.
As a front seat, even more so.
I passed on 2 for cheap before I knew just how few & far between they are up here.
Thanks for these replies , may I ask what the GWN is ? Great white north ? Also see the rear CC seats back rests the ones with a center folding arm rest too ? Or just a straight back 1 piece back rest ? Or maybe they had both kinds,

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yea. Canada. The country's entire population = California's. More than a few 400 options are kinda rare here.
Tilt steering columns with cruise for a stickshift for instance. I've seen one. ...and that'd been trashed beyond repair.

This is the seat I was referring to...
In 20+ years of of crawling through auto wreckers pickin' 400 parts, I've only ever seen 3 of these.
But I've seen lotsa pix of U.S. trucks with 'em.